50. Guy Friends

Reader's POV

"Floch, it's not what it looks like-."

"I was in the infirmary, Y/N. I was following Furlan and then you appeared. I swear I had no intention of listening to your conversations but I was in the nurse's office and couldn't get out without passing through the infirmary and being noticed. Now, I need an explanation."

"I'm sorry," I admitted everything, "You must have also heard that we are not helping each other out. I swear I'm not betraying you."

"I know that you are not betraying me but I needed to know this so I could defend you in case this got out. I'm fine with you being friends with him. You can even be friends with Isabel and Levi as long as it remains a secret from others."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It's no problem, really."

"And c-can you keep his secret a secret?"

"Sure," Floch nodded, "If you want me to, I won't tell anyone. But remember Y/N, if it's anything that could bring us down, you have to tell me. I wasn't about to disband the club or mark you as a traitor so what were you worried about?"

Uhh.

I just thought you'd be kinda like Eren who would feel betrayed if he found out about my friendship with Furlan.

"Uhh," I had no words.

"It doesn't matter. As long as you know that you can trust me, nothing else matters. And besides, the videos we put up had quite an effect. We got some new members today."

"Great," I smiled, "And thanks for...helping me."

"No problem. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. Bye."

"Bye."

And then he hung up the call.

Phew, he didn't kill me.

If only Eren could be as mature as him.

Or even half as mature.

I sighed as I put my phone back in my pocket and went back to the couch that Dad and Eren were sitting on.

Dad narrowed his eyes in suspicion as I heavily sighed, "Dad, like Eren said, he's the manager of my club."

"What were you discussing?"

"Club meetings," I answered Dad before I turned to Eren, "Oh, and that reminds me, the club meeting is tomorrow after school and he didn't specify a place so I assume it is the history classroom."

"You didn't even ask for my opinion?" Eren gasped.

"Uh, who are you so important that we would ask you? It is the president and manager's decision to make. The executives don't get a say in what I say they don't get a say in."

"What are the perks of being an executive, then?!"

"You can skip club meetings without being kicked out."

"But I want to attend the meetings!"

"You can also vote in the executives vote."

"What do I have to vote for?"

"Whatever stuff I want to have you vote for. The rest is my decision."

"So it's your decision in the end after all!" Eren was rather unhappy with the hierarchy in the club, "This is a scam!"

"Do you want to be kicked out?" I glared.

"Do this somewhere else. I'm trying to read the newspaper," Dad ordered.