25. Berserker

Reader's POV

"Okay, so what was that?" Eren asked, sitting directly across me at the lunch table in the cafeteria at lunch time once all of our morning classes were over while we waited for the others to join us.

"Nothing!" I repeated for the umpteenth time, urging Eren to just ignore my outburst earlier and eat his lunch before the classes started. Or at least that was what I was trying to do before Eren shoved his entire lunch down his throat in less than two minutes and refused to let me eat mine before I answered his question.

"You're telling me that that outburst of yours and the fact that you almost cried was nothing," Eren became serious and cornered me as I gulped in fear of what would happen if he found out that I was jealous. Would he be mad? Would he feel bad? Would he be disappointed? Because everything aside, even the fact that Eren was an annoying dumbass, he was the last person in the world that I'd want to disappoint. Maybe because he was my twin and that we had been closer than anyone else.

"Come on!" I urged Eren to just drop it, "Are you gonna be like this even in front of the others?"

"No. Because they won't be joining us today."

"Huh?"

"Zeke's girlfriend transferred schools for him so he's in front of the office, chatting with her while her parents get her transferred. Apparently, she only yesterday found out that Zeke won't somehow be coming back to their old one and somehow convinced her parents to transfer her," Eren smirked in victory as I frowned, "And as for Mikasa and Armin, they're checking out school clubs because Armin was too excited to wait and I somehow convinced Mikasa to save us from hearing about clubs at lunch."

"But wouldn't Mikasa get a headache?" I questioned, genuinely worried.

"She brought her wireless earphones. Armin wouldn't be able to tell that she's not actually listening," Eren explained Mikasa's plan to not get a headache while protecting their friend's feelings.

"So you have to tell me now," Eren urged.

"Tell you what?!" I was exasperated, trying to get out of the difficult situation I got myself into.

Right then, as if on cue, the cafeteria's double doors opened to reveal three figures while the entire cafeteria became silent.

The same three figures that we had seen two classes ago.

Levi, Isabel and Furlan.

Eren and I scowled, unwelcoming their presence but nearly the entire rest of the cafeteria begged to differ and gazed at them with stars in their eyes as they made their way over to us.

Us?

Wait, what?

"Move," Midget said simply, "This is our table."

"No it's not," Eren was filled with rage, like he always was.

Furlan looked over at me and I could tell that he wasn't much into fighting and he especially didn't want to fight us, or maybe just me.

"Didn't you hear Big Bro?" Pigtail Idiot kicked the chair beside Eren's, "Move."

The entire cafeteria was silent, focusing on the disturbance between a certain group of five people.

I didn't know what was happening and why no one was trying to stop this or get a teacher because our previous school was full of snitches.

And none of them were golden.

"No, we won't," Eren stood up right in front of Isabel, facing her and intimidating her with his good height for his age as Isabel gulped, her frame way smaller that Eren's 5' 7 one which was the same as mine.

"Yes, you will," Levi stood in front of Eren and even though he was a full four inches shorter, his presence was something that even I would call intimidating and it was easy to tell that in a fight, Eren would be no match for him.

"And what if I refuse-" Eren boldly said another line as Levi, who was too pissed off to talk, punched him across the face causing Eren to fall down and cough out a tooth.

And that's when something in me snapped.

This guy had the audacity to punch my brother in front of me.

Well, he was gonna die.

Because no one, and by that, I mean absolutely no one in the whole wide world, not even Zeke or Mom and Dad could ever hit or bully Eren. No one besides me.

No matter how much we grew apart, that was a right I always had for being the more responsible twin even though I was younger.

I did a lot of work for him including schoolwork, chores, helping him through video games or protecting him all throughout the years from shitty kids who hated him so this was the one thing I had a right to.

But this guy messed with the wrong person.

He messed with my brother which means that he messed with me.

Messing with my brothers was the one thing I could not tolerate.

This guy has to die.

In that instant, I jumped out of my seat and jumped on the table, running across it and attempting to land a kick on the shortstack that I had to kill as he tried to dodge it but did get hit a little as he stumbled backwards.

"Eren!" I kneeled beside my injured brother as he choked out that he was fine and that I shouldn't fight Levi if I didn't want to get hurt which I quite obviously ignored because I was getting revenge from him for hurting my older brother that I had practically raised.

I helped Eren up from the floor and sat him in the chair he was sitting in before and dragged it aside to keep him away from getting hurt as Levi tried to charge towards me, only to be held back by Furlan while Isabel backed away a few steps, knowing that the halfway process of me turning into the Berserker inside me was already done by that one punch Levi struck.

I stood up and turned to the short stack that was being a huge pain in the ass for me as he tried to break out of his best friend's grasp while that friend tried to calm him and me down at the same time but it had no affect on me as I charged towards him, my fist aimed at his face as anger clouded my judgment and I followed my instincts instead of the techniques that I had taken years to learn.

Furlan let go of his friend as Levi pushed Furlan back so as to protect him from my punch going their way as he himself dodged to the side and then aimed his kick at me which was successful in hitting me on my leg. It seemed that he wasn't angry enough for his techniques to be dulled and he was actually a good fighter.

Right then, Zeke entered the cafeteria and as soon as he saw what was going on, he looked confused, however, that did not last long as he was tasked with the job of dodging the cafeteria metal plate thrown at him by Levi who wanted to drag him in the fight as I confirmed my suspicions of Levi hating Zeke the second most right out of the three. The first being me.

I inhaled deeply trying to control myself from gouging this guy's eye out right there and then but it was no use as my anger was stronger.

This guy has the nerve to hurt my brothers and me.

Without another thought, I unleashed the Berserker.

Or at least, I tried to.

A/N = If Eren, Jean and Marco made a tv show, it would be called two and a half men.

November 20, 2022

- Heliaxa