52. A Movie Date?

Reader's POV

"We're going to watch a movie?!" I was extremely excited.

"Yeah. Which one do you wanna watch?" Furlan and I stood outside the box office, picking a movie from one of the posters before we got in line.

"I wanna watch the horror one!" I pointed to the poster.

"Uhhh...," Furlan trailed off, "Okay."

"You don't want to watch it?"

"I do. I mean, I don't actually," Furlan confessed, "I have to watch a lot of romance and comedy movies with Levi because that's all he likes and I do like horror but I heard that this movie has a...well...R rating."

"So they won't let us in?"

"They will if I get Mr. Yan to buy the tickets because I'm pretty sure he's still in there buying coffee," Furlan pointed to the McDonald's, "But...well...you're thirteen."

"Fourteen," I corrected him, "I was thirteen when you first visited my house."

"Right. Right. Got it. Fourteen. But you're too young to watch that."

"And how old are you? Fifteen?"

"Yeah."

"Don't mess with me, Furlan Church. Don't treat me like a child. Unless you have any other reason for watching that movie, we'll watch it."

"Alright. I'll call Mr. Yan," Furlan gave up to calm my offended mood and pulled his phone out of his pocket and called Mr. Yan and started talking, "Hey. Uh, we wanna watch a movie and it's rated R so we need you to buy those tickets for us and get us checked in. Wait, what? Alright. Come quick."

Furlan hung up the phone and turned to me, "Levi and Mikasa are here."

"WHAT?" My eyes widened into dinner plates.

Shh," Furlan shushed my loud voice of shock, "Apparently, they're here for some sort of family reunion since Kuchel, Kenny and Mikasa's parents are also here. But Mr. Yan is coming here right now and he'll get us checked in before they pass the box office."

"The movie doesn't start until half an hour later!" I panicked.

"Don't worry. We can hide somewhere for fifteen minutes. Look at that," He pointed at a small alley that led to a fire exit, "No one will look there. Mr. Yan will buy the tickets and we'll hide there for twenty minutes just in case they're still roaming around."

"Okay," I nodded nervously.

And at the corner of my eye, I saw Mr. Yan rushing toward us.

"Which movie?" He was panting.

"That one," Furlan pointed at the poster as he handed him his card, "Two tickets."

"Alright," Mr. Yan went to stand in the line as Furlan and I went to the small alley.

"You sure they won't see us here?"

"I'm sure," Furlan was confident, "But why didn't Levi tell me about this?"

"Mikasa didn't either," I thought about it, "But it's probably because they didn't know until a couple hours earlier either. Mikasa told me that her parents and Levi's Mom just plan this stuff out of the blue."

"Kenny has complained to me about it before," Furlan peeked outside, always on the lookout.

"You're close with him?"

"He's more like my uncle than Levi's, to be honest. I talk to him about some stuff that I can't talk to my Dad because, well, he's awkward in that stuff."