27. After Effects

Reader's POV

"How the hell did you manage to get up to fight if it hurts this much?" I questioned Eren as I put my hand on my cheek, feeling his pain using twin telepathy now that I had eaten a little bit and the telepathy had activated.

Eren and I had twin telepathy which wasn't exactly telepathy considering that we couldn't communicate with each other or read each other's minds. But, we could feel each other's emotions and feel each other's pain but only if it was to extremes.

"It doesn't hurt that much," Eren rubbed his cheek and somehow easily tolerated the pain that I had taken a painkiller to tolerate because honestly, this twin telepathy was a pain in the ass sometimes.

Right now, Eren, Zeke, me, Levi, Isabel and Furlan were all sitting in the school's office as we waited for our parents to come.

"Sorry about that," Eren murmured under his breath.

"Hm?"

"I'm saying sorry," Eren's voice was low and I could tell that it was taking everything in him to apologize, "For the pain in your cheek. For starting the fight in the cafeteria. For not letting you eat in the cafeteria causing you to not be able to fully transform into Berserker. I should've been more understanding and let you eat your lunch because since the morning, you haven't had anything to eat except your coffee and the small granola bar they gave you now."

"It's okay. I'm sorry too-"

"And I hope that you forgive me for what I'm about to do," Eren didn't hear me as he cut me off and stood up.

"Wha?"

"Sir!" Eren called out to the Principal of the school who was passing by with a file in his hand.

"Yes?" He asked.

"Let us go, please. It wasn't us who caused the trouble. It was Joe."

My eyes widened in realization of what Eren was about to do as I tried to stop him but it was too late.

"Joe who?"

"Joe mama."

Silence.

More silence.

Silence as the office staff stopped clicking and typing on their computers as they turned around to look at Eren who was pranking a very angry principal. Zeke and Furlan looked at Eren in horror as Levi narrowed his eyes at him while Isabel burst out laughing. I was horrified and making fun of the situation at the same time as I debated between standing up and apologizing to the principal on behalf of Eren to lessen his punishment or just somehow containing myself to not end up rolling on the floor, laughing.

I chose to do both at the same time because who was I kidding, I had to save my idiot brother.

"Sir!" I stood up, steadying myself on my two feet as one throbbed under my weight, "I'm sorry about that. He doesn't know what he's saying-"

"It's alright, Miss Yeager. Take a seat, I can see that you're in no position to stand up. Mr. Yeager, I will only add one detention for this rude behavior of yours so make sure that there isn't a second time. The same goes to you, Miss Magnolia," The principal said simply as he left while the office staff went back to their work while the lady in charge of us noted down something in her notebook, probably about Eren and Isabel's detention.

"Why did you do that?" I hissed at Eren as we both sat down, threatening to punch him but forgetting that my wrist was broken as I groaned causing Zeke to hold my wrist carefully so that I didn't wring it around and accidentally hurt myself.

"Yeah Eren," Zeke supported me, "That was stupid, even for you."

"Stupid?" Eren raised an eyebrow, "How was I stupid? Stupid for getting Isabel detained?"