47. Rivalry Turned To Hate

Reader's POV

I had liked ballet ever since I was a child. To be precise, I liked it only when I was a child. At that time, Isabel and I had been on good terms and we did ballet together. I was better than her but we still enjoyed doing the activity together. After some time, I got bored of it and dropped out of ballet class. Isabel still liked it so I encouraged her to keep moving forward. A year passed as Isabel did rigorous ballet training and I only did some casual warm up once a couple of months. Then one day, Isabel challenged me to a ballet off. I accepted because I was bored and looking for a way to spend time with my cousin again.

I won. By a long shot.

And that made Isabel harbor so much hatred for me.

That's it.

That's the whole story.

Now, I haven't done warm up for years and these shoes are for the kid me and obviously, won't even fit me. But I still keep them close to my heart because I want to remind myself that no matter how useless I am, there is something that no one can beat me at.

And to remind myself that I am better than that bitch.

My current hobbies are martial arts, simping over Levi Ackerman and my all time favorite, torturing Isabel Magnolia in any and every way possible.

"Y/N!" I heard Eren's voice on the other side of the door, "Share those pastries with me!"

I risked my life for these pastries.

Like hell am I sharing them.

I locked the metal box, put it in the closet and then put the key where it was before because now it was actually important to hide the contents of the box. I ignored Eren's wishes as I didn't even bother to respond to him and I grabbed clothes from my closet and went to have a shower, preparing to apologize to Mom for accidentally ripping my clothes.

When I came out of the shower, I put on my clothes and then walked out of my bathroom, found my phone and then texted Furlan that I had reached home and he immediately responded with a thumbs up and that Levi and Isabel were still at his place.

And I texted him saying that he was stuck with gremlins.

I saw a laughing face emoji as he said that he would talk later as he said goodby and I did too.

Next course of action.

Eat pastries.

Hold on a second. I don't have a spoon.

And I can still sense Eren standing outside the door.

Ngl, this twin telepathy thing is kinda convenient.

"Veronica, open the-open the door, please! Veronica, open the door!"

No.

"Veronica, can we not fight anymore, please?! Can we not fight anymore please?!"

Why am I stuck with this guy?

"Veronica, sure, you're scared, I've been there. I can set you free!"

Should I just kill him?

Nah. I'm over 13 now. They'll send me to juvy.

"Veronica, don't make me come in there! I'm gonna count to three! One! Two! Fuck it!"

"Language!" Mom called.

"What the fuck are you gonna do about it?!" I suddenly opened the door because now, I was raging, "Do you want me to break your fucking bones?!"

"What did I say? Language!" Mom called again as we both went silent for a few seconds and then I grabbed Eren's collar and threatened him while whispering.