Ch-24 Talent

Why is she here? I greeted her. "Greeting madam Belinda" all the other girls with Claire and herself bowed to Ms. Belinda.

"What were you talking about to slip the wine?" she asked. "It's nothing madam Belinda it was my fault, I apologize to Lady Catherine for spilling the wine." and she turned to leave.

What did I just witness, it was all mess before aunt Belinda came and now it's solved in just few seconds

What did I just witness, it was all mess before aunt Belinda came and now it's solved in just few seconds. "My sweety are you okay, did they hit you? Tell your aunt, I will teach them a lesson."

"No, no they didn't hit me, just said something." "What did they say?"

"They just talked about the divorce and how I should know my place and act like that"

Crunch, Crack

The wine class which aunt held broke. "Are you alright?Aunt, your hand?"

"Nah it's normal you know, I am fine" I took out my handkerchief and wiped the wine from her hand.

"You know you are just like your mom." and she hugged me. "Greeting madam Belinda." A girl of my age came to aunt.

"Oh it's nice to see you Maria. This is my niece Lady Catherine." She greeted me immediately. "I will leave you two, it will be awkward for an old lady to join two young lady's discussion."

What?! She just left me with a stranger. Now what should I talk about? "Lady, can we move to balcony?"

"Yea sure." I should just go with the flow. We both walked to the balcony, wow the wind is refreshing but as it is dark, it's a bit creepy.

"My Lady" she kneel down, wait what is happening? "I am sorry for my rude behaviour when we were small" what is she saying?

"My name is Maria Cyprusis." Huh why do I feel I have heard this name. Yea I remember it's that girl from the memory, the girl with attitude (reference to ch 13)

"No it's ok" I helped her to stand up. "I want to take the oath of sword." Maria took out her sword, what is the oath of sword?

'That is to say she is willing to even sacrifice herself for you, like she is your bodyguard now.'

What no!! I can't except it why should she sacrifice herself for me?

"I am sorry, but I won't" I refused firmly. "No lady, please except me as your sword. I want to correct my wrong doings that I have done to you."

"If you want to correct your wrong doing, why don't you become my friend?" I extended my hands to her. She looked at my hand.

Hesitatingly she extended her hand. I held her hand. "So then we are friends right?" I asked smiling at her. She nodded.

"Then let's go and enjoy the party." Her face brightened. We walked back to the ballroom.

"May I have the honour to dance with my lady?" Michael came to me out of nowhere. Maria pushed me to Michael and winked at me. She is really weird.