Ch 26 Seal

CATHERINE'S POV

I opened my eyes to similar ceiling. I understood I fainted. Sighing I turned to left, there was kid with white hair and red eyes. Wait how did he came to my room? Who let him enter? Frost where are you?

"I am (hiss) here master" I looked at the kid. How did he hear my thought? Wait did he call me master? Is he-

"Yes hiss master I am hiss Frost."

"WHAT?!!" I looked at him surprised. How can he change into a kid?

"Because (hiss) on the day of returning to the palace (hiss) I saw a boy and (hiss) wanted to mimic (hiss) him but I saw that guy's brooch while the process."

I was shook because of this sudden knowledge.

Frost ate cookie, "I didn't knew (hiss) the cookie's where so tasty~~" I think becoming snake has it's on side effect. "Frost when you talk you need to avoid hissing ok?" He nodded.

KYA~~ Kawaii~~ Ok but I think I am forgetting something. Suddenly there was a knock on door. "Yes, come in." Aunt and Maria entered, yea now I have to explain about this kid. Aunt came and sat near to me. "Are you okay dear?" She looked at me worried. Maria who was standing behind aunt was looking down with an upset face. "It's ok Maria, it's not your fault."

She looked at me with eyes filled with tears. She bowed. "I am sorry my lady, please punish me however you want."

"Just (hiss) cut off her limbs" Frost said eating the last cookie in the plate, which was for me. Maria unsheathed her sword and kneeled giving her sword to me. "I will accept it my lady"

What?! I pulled up Maria from her knees. "I won't punish and as I said it's not your fault." I held her hand between mine. She was at the verge of crying again. I patted on the bed for Maria to sit. "Do you have any plan to tell about your illegitimate kid?" Aunt looked at Frost.

Sigh..

I told her about, that it's Frost and it could shift his shape into something he saw. She was amazed of this news. "But it would require certain amount of mana to transform but Cathy you-" aunt stopped in between. "I need some fresh air, I will leave you both here." Maria excused and went out.

I held aunt's hand,"How do you know about my mana aunt?" She sighed. She looked at me hesitatingly.

"It was blocked with black magic." I looked at her, like why would you block the mana, that's why she, I mean this body had to go through all hardship treated like shit. I looked at her with anger filled sadness.

"Why?" all my emotion poured in that question.

I asked her. She looked more hesitant to talk about it. "Please, I need to know why? Please!" I pleaded to her. "It was your mom."

Mom sounded a distant word for me. The first thought that came,"Where is she now?"

The iron wall aunt, unknowingly shed tears. She hugged me. "She is dead" Where ever I go am I not destined to meet my mom?
Without knowing, I cried, cried so much that I hugged aunt and still crying in her hands. Why? Even if I am given a second chance it's still like this!!

I asked her in shaky voice, "How d-did she die?" Aunt pulled over me infront of her. "She did that for you dear"

Throb Throb

My heart is aching. Even in this time she did that for me, why am I such a fucking loser. "Master are you alright (hiss)?" Frost took my hand. I nodded. "My dear Cathy she wanted to do it for you even if she had to pay the price."