Ch 35 New power

Pitch black sky. The light seems to be bare. The land seems to be barren and not a single person seems to be sane.

The alleys seemed dead. Big albugo rats run down the alleys where the scary-looking skulls are not props.

The whole place was cursed. People surviving there are half dead and half alive. Their eyes have lost hope in humanity.

At the center of the place where all these lifeless alleys surround the well-built buildings which are almost at their ruined stage. At the core heart of these buildings, there is a huge castle.

The castle is reigned by the dead. The dead spread the curse much worse than the witches.

In the main hall of the castle, in the seat
or the Duke's seat sits a man with a weak body, sustaining his energy on the life
force of other living beings. The guards there were formed of skulls and flesh in
a distorted manner. If one had to face
them it would be a total nightmare.

On the floor, a lady, laughing to keep her eyes open, to not DIE. She was bleeding quite badly.

He raised his hand and a purple smoke formed like a rope and threw it to the lady who was almost on the verge of dying.

She coughed blood

She coughed blood. Looking at the weak man on the seat she laughed loudly.

The man got furious and yelled, "You still think you will be saved!!!" he pulled the purple smoke rope towards him, making the woman walk toward him.

"You should have listened to me...
You should have listened to me...
You should have listened to me!!"

His yell echoed so much that the windows of the castle shattered.

"Yell all you want." an elegant-pitched voice, soothing and a sense of serenity from the sound. "Even if we were to go back in time I would still choose the same."

Listening to this, the guy's anger exploded. He gestured to the guards and at the next moment an ice dragon a sacred being was dragged to the main hall soaked in red in that proclein white scale.

He lashed a purple smoke whip and beat the ice dragon, which was already in its worse condition.

She couldn't watch her only partner get beaten up. "Your foolishness has no bounds, Des." She screamed.

His eyes which were dead lightened up upon hearing Des. "Did you hear, she is begging for forgiveness?" he laughed so loudly that the castle itself started shaking.

"Oh my Bella, My dear Bella-" suddenly an icicle penetrated through his heart which had long stopped beating.

"One more time you open that defile mouth of yours to call my masters name, I swear on my child, I will rend that filthy mouth of yours."

His eyes enlarged in excitement. He walked down from the stage and lifted her face. "Say it! Call me Des!! I might- no I will let you live as the Duchess of South!"

She spits on his face. "Even in my next life, I would still marry my husband. Even my death couldn't separate us." He got angry and lashed out at one of his dead knights.

"Bring one of those nosy," he commanded.

After a while, they brought a young maid who was viciously tortured by every means. She was wrapped in a rag, and barely her body was covered.

"Lin!!!!" The ice dragon shrieked. The dragon outcry. "I will kill you!!"

"You vowed you would leave others if we surrendered to you," Bella shouted with every bit of her energy.

"I said only to leave humans, not the spirit. Also, she is not even a full ice spirit." he laughed wickedly.

The young girl stood up. "Leave my master alone."

"aww how cute of you" and charged a spell on her trying her leg which made her fall to her knees.

"Stop this right now." Bella couldn't hold her tears. "Mm, no way unless," he leaned to her "you call me Des."

She gritted her teeth. "Fuck off you pervert!" she whispered to him. His face became gloomy.

"Is that so, then I think it's time to tell you about something." he walked to his seat.

"I think it's been 6 or 7 years?"

"7 to be precise." his butler said. He nodded. "Alas, it is sad that you couldn't see your daughter grow up. Isn't it?" he smirked.

"But it's even worse now since she isn't in this world anymore." suddenly the whole castle ground froze and the wind became so cold that the dead knights couldn't move and their feet were glued to the floor.

"What the Fuck did you just say?!!" Bella, her eyes and hair turned white. The mana was radiating so much from her that Lin who was sensitive to mana got affected by it.

Out of nowhere, Lin's body started to elevate in the air. The room which was cold earlier started to become hot and now the castle hall was surrounded by fire.

She said, "I can see young master." The ice dragon looked at the girl.

"And beside him is my young lady Catherine!" Bella too looked back at her.

The guy raged, "what isn't she dead!!"

"Save our realm!! , oh my young master where are you? Ahhhh the last contract lady is barely holding up against the desder- ekkkkkk" and the guy blasted a purple ball of mana towards her.

She fell down on the floor. "Take her down and lock her away. Don't let mana touch her.

******************************************

Merry Christmas everyone!!🎄🎄⛄⛄

How are you all? (Pls do say🥲)
I am done with my semester exam and I am freaking happy about it. After having only 3 hrs of sleep is kinda hell🥹🥹.

I survived the semester exams and I am back with a new chapter!! Pls do comment and let me know about the chapter.

I know it's type of dark chapter, it's my first time writing this🙈🙈

Pls do comment and vote

Thankyou for reading ❤️❤️