Ch 28 Chillies

"No, I won't allow it!"

Dad rose from his seat and walked towards me. Sir Lev stood in front of me, his amazing grey platinum hair tracing his movement.

"My lord she has heard the awaken call!" Sir Lev handed over the papers to the duke.

"You will understand after reading this." Dad stared at him. Hesitating. He sighed. He went to take his specs from the table and looked into the contents of the papers.

What is happening?

Where is that brat?
'I am here, just, I am not revealing myself'

Sigh well...

Do you know what Lev is talking about 'becoming one of us' ?

'That's about you coming under the church'. Hey I didn't get a thing clearly, explain it to me properly.

'He wants you to join the church and become the 10th servant of god.'

What? 10th? So you mean there are nine of them already? But wait he said I got something like awaken call, what does that mean?

'That might be the things you wrote.' But that I wrote from the book though!!

Dad, after reading the papers looked at me removing his specs.

"Even if she wrote this I won't allow her to go anywhere."

"My Lord, why are you doing this again? She is so gifted that she could write something that only the head of the duke family, priest and the royal members knows"

What's with the sudden praise?
Did he say royal members?!
And why did he say again?

"Still it's a CLEAR NO. She is the next head of Dukedom. She will be having a ball before Lord Helia's reappearance. At that time I will announce my next successor." then he went to his seat, resuming his paperwork.

"MY LORD!"

Sir Lev shouted I have never seen him like that.

"What are doing?! You didn't learn from your mistake! At that time too you were this arrogant, then what happened, she-she!!" Lev panted out of frustration, he brushed his bangs revealing that insane angel-like golden eyes.

His clutched fist was almost pale.

"Sigh I will say please think over I-" suddenly a pen flew towards him cutting his long side bangs at the end, I nearly escaping it.

"I said clearly THAT I DON'T INTEND TO SEND THE NEXT SUCCESSOR OF DUKE DENVER TO THE CHURCH, you know I don't like to repeat the same things again!" Dad intensely stared at him, then returned his gaze to the table.

Lev inhaled heavily and looked at me. Exhaling he said, "Let's continue" and left the office. I looked back, only to find dad working on his papers.

I bowed to him and silently left the office.

What did just happen?
Why did Lev say Again? She?
Who is it?
Why is dad so against Lev?

'Don't worry master I will help you with these questions' Sure.

I chuckled looking at air not knowing where he is.

The train of thoughts were blurred out when I saw a guy with brown hair similar to Emma, "Andrew-?"

He turned back, he ran to me and hugged me!

What?

"Hey- I can't- breath- you-!!"