Ch 25 Kid

CATHERINE'S POV

Yestarday sure was a torture. After the ball I returned to home without informing Michael, because I couldn't stand the embarrasement. I formally wrote an apology letter to Michael.

Damn why am I so stupid?!

I sat on the chair sipping the tea which Emma made to let me calm down. "My lady today you have a class." Yea, I totally forgot about it.

I changed into pants. You know why, BECAUSE IT'S SWORDMANSHIP CLASS KYA~~ 'seems you are too happy master' Yep you reptile.

This is much better than that frill skirts.

I went to the training grounds. There was a lady waiting in uniform but why does it seems so familiar and beside her it seems, its Maria? Why is she here?

I went to them. To my surprise it was aunt Belinda and Maria.

We exchanged greetings. "How are you doing after stomping on crown prince foot my dear niece." she laughed.

"No,I didn't do it on purpose!! It's just that I didn't-"

Aunt patted my head. "No, what you did was right, I felt good, after all (mumble) how dare he make a move on my sweet niece."

I quite couldn't understand the last sentence.

Maria looked at me with light in her eyes.

"Hi Maria. How are you?" "I am fine Cathy" C-cathy?! I can clearly see her tail wagging like cute puppy.

"I am sorry for the late introduction, I am Belinda Le Grace the Commander and captain of Winter Knight of the empire. This is my disciple."

"I am Maria Von Cyprusis, Vice captain of Winter Knight of the empire."

"Maria will be your sparring partner in training. So let's start with the basics. Run 5 laps of this training ground." I nodded and streched to relax my muscles. "Maria you too". Aunt called out.

We both started the laps. It was like childs play as I always went for jogging with my college mate Shon. He was attending an atheletic University.

After completing the laps, aunt gave wooden swords to us. Maria started to explain me the moves. "Keep a firm stand on ground, and hold the sword infront of you. Balance your body. Start with striking down, with the arm power."

I firmed my stance, tightening my grip on the sword I started striking down. "Yes that's the position go on."

After doing that for fifty times my hands went numb. "Now we will do the push ups" wait why is this training plan so messed up? I started doing pushups and then sit ups too.

Aunt tied a rope attached to a bag full of stones, around my waist. "Five laps around the training ground." What? My hands and legs are all numb now if I go on like this I will faint. This body is too weak.

Atlast I finished the five laps and lied on the ground.

"My lady here" Emma gave me the towel. I wiped off my sweat and felt good. After resting for five minutes.

"Now come spare with me." Maria called out. Is she insane?!

Though it won't affect me as I am not a newbie in this. I took the sword. I remembered all the hard work I had done in my previous life. It's because my dad sent me to all type of martial art schools because of the Misfortune. If I had been stronger back then.

I don't really wanna recall those memory.

"You strike first." I cooled my mind and made my body remember.

I launched to her, as the body was light, I could increase my speed. I slashed my sword blade to her. She blocked it. I continously striked without giving her a gap.

She was not shaken from her stance, but I could see her surprised look. "Now I will be taking in charge of the attack, defend yourself lady!!" She striked diagonaly at my left side.

I blocked it with the sword. Maria swinged her blade, aiming my neck. I ducked at the right moment missing the blade just by few inches. I slided to the side as soon as she withdrew her stance.

This time she directly ran to me targeting all the vital points. What is this, training or killing?! If I hadn't learned then I would have probably killed by her.

I blocked all of it which was a good news but the bad news is my body is at it's limit. If I continue I might really faint this time.

As Maria went on lashing her attacks, I started seeing two Maria.

'Focus master, if you are at limit stop'

I can't properly hear that reptile now.

I think this is my limit.

MARIA'S POV

Lady Catherine launched to me with full speed, as master said, lady has a very weak body and I must be careful not to exert her too much.

As I blocked her strike, I was quite surprised by the strength with which she striked. That amount of strength is equal to Master Belinda.

She kept on striking without stoping.

"Now I will be taking in charge of the attack, defend yourself lady." I said, giving her time to adjust, I ran straight to her and aimed at her left hand.

She blocked it. Impressed by this, without thinking, I swinged the blade aming her neck. She ducked and slided to the side.

How can she do that? When I first had my sparring with master, I couldn't even think properly. But Lady knows how to defend her self in this time.

Curiosity took the better of me. To know her strength, I went on slashing strikes.

Lady Catherine looked somewhat exhausted, but-

"MARIA RUN!!!!" Master shouted, before I could do anything a child appeared in front of Lady. White hair like snow, red eyes exihibiting blood lust.

 White hair like snow, red eyes exihibiting blood lust

At that moment, I felt I was dead. He raised his hand and shot something like ice spears. I blocked it with the blade. I could feel the blood lust it's even greater than before.

"It'shiss too late hiss" after saying that he shot many ice spear at once at me. This.... am I going to die.

Just then master blocked it with a shield.

"Maria run. I will handle this." I can't leave her like this. I went to take the shield which was near seat. I ran to get it.

BELINDA'S POV

I don't know how much more I can keep it up. If I am not wrong this must be- suddenly the boy formed a white barrier around Cathy. What is he doing? I went near to it, alert at every step.

Who is this kid? Where did he came from? The mana it has..... I can't feel it. The barrier vanished and the boy carried Catherine in his hand.

*****************************************

Hello readers~~ hope you enjoyed the chapter.
It was my first time to write three character's pov. Tho Belinda didn't have much screen time.

How was the chapter and what do you think about the kid?

I hope you all enjoyed it~~

(≧▽≦)