3 | First meeting

Dianna had been at blood like wine for the past 3 days and she loved it. She was doing great, well apart from making a start on her own book. That's what she was currently doing, she was sat in front of her laptop a brand new document pulled up. She felt like she had been staring at the document for hours but nothing was happening, everything she typed she felt was trash. Blood like wine was known for Harlan's murder mysteries but Dianna had never completed a murder mystery so to say she was struggling right now was an understatement.

She had decided to take a break. She needed to pull her eyes away from the screen, she sighed standing up from her desk and leaving her office.

She walked into the kitchen, she looked around seeing she was the only one in. All of her colleagues were older than her, none of them really taking an interest in getting to know her. But that didn't bother Dianna, she was here to do a job and if she couldn't make friends here she would just have to deal with it. As the kettle clicked signalling the water had boiled, the kitchen door opened Walt walking in.

"Hey walt" Dianna smiled politely

"Hello" he opened the fridge grabbing a box which she assumed held his lunch "I saw you made your way through this week's chapters already"

She nodded "yes, they were really good"

"Hmm" walt seemed to be more irritated than normal today

"Are you alright Walt?" Normally she wouldn't ask but she was trying to be kind, she wanted to make friends even if that meant asking Walt what was wrong with him

"Oh yeah. Sure I'm great" he rolled his eyes, sarcasm dripping from his voice

"That's no way to talk to an employee Walt" a voice Dianna didn't recognise spoke, chuckling

Dianna turned to face the door to see a man she had never met. She felt her heart beat pick up as she looked at the man. He was tall, a lot taller than her 5,3 height. There was not a hair out of place on his head, everything was perfectly placed. His jaw was perfectly chiselled, a smirk taking over his face. Did he work here? Surly she would have meet him or at least seen him before, He wasn't exactly a face you could forget.

"Shouldn't you be getting off to the country club?" Walt scoffed

"The country club is no where as fun as this right now" he chuckled before his eyes fell on Dianna "Ransom" he reached his hand out for her to shake

"Hi, I'm Dianna" she took his hand in hers shaking it, she looked up at him still holding onto his hand as his eyes never left hers for a second. Dianna couldn't explain what she was feeling right now, it was something she had never felt before but she knew she didn't want it to end and ransom was the exact same even though he would never admit it.

"Well ransom isn't your real name is it?" Walt looked between the two

"It isn't?" She asked

"It's my middle name. My name's Hugh but only the help call me that" he clarified

"The help?" Dianna questioned, letting go of his hand

"Yes, the help" ransom explained his face changing as if she had just asked the most stupid question

Walt scoffed sitting down at the table. Ransom immediately sat across from him causing walt to sigh in annoyance.

"What exactly is it you want? Why are you even here?" Walt asked

"I'm just bored, wanted to add a bit of excitement to my day" he chuckled

Dianna was listening in, she knew she probably shouldn't but she was in the room it was hard to just zone out. Well that is until she felt her phone buzz in her pocket, she pulled it out so see a text message from Tyler.