44| Blame

A couple of days had passed since the night Dianna came to ransom and told her she was free. She had stayed with him ever since. Ransom was using all his strength not to go see William. It didn't make it any easier when he saw the bruises scattered over Dianna, it was a consent reminder. Not only for Dianna but for ransom, while Dianna was starting to feel better and feel safe ransom got angry every time he saw them. To him it was a reminder he didn't protect her, he failed her. While he was incredibly proud that Dianna had held her own against William and managed to get out of there he was still angry, angry at that bastard for ever laying a finger on her.

The bruises were starting to lighten up, a few more days and they would be gone completely. So ransom thought it was a perfect opportunity. If the bruises were disappearing why couldn't William? He had a plan. He was still going to keep his promise, he wouldn't touch William but he had other ways.

He waited until Dianna was asleep before sneaking out and going to Williams house. Ransom was surprised to find the door unlocked but he didn't care either way. He walked in gripping onto the gun in his jacket pocket, he heard a small movement coming from the living area. He slowly walked in seeing William pouring himself a drink.

"Hello William" ransom spoke calmly

William quickly turned around "what are you doing here?!"

"I just came to talk" he spoke before sitting down on the sofa

He looked to William who was still standing. "Sit down" ransom demand

William done what he said, sitting opposite him. To ransom this showed that William was scared of him, almost like he didn't want to anger him more.

"The video. Do you have any more copies?"

William scoffed "the video? You mean the sex tape you and my fiancé made"

Ransom shook his head slowly "not your fiancé. Now answer the question, do you have any more copies?"

"No" he spat

"Good, good. Now delete her number. I know your tiny little brain wouldn't be able to remember it anyway and if you do and you think to call her I'll come right back here and make you wish you never even dialled it" ransom kept his composure the full conversation, which was surprisingly making William more nervous

"I-"

"Delete it. Now" he spoke, raising his voice slightly

He nodded pulling his phone out and going straight to Dianna's contact and deleting it. "Done"

"Good. Have a nice life" ransom spat standing up

"That's it?" William looked at him

"Yup"

William stood up walking towards him "you steal my fiancé and come over here demanding things and now you just leave? Not so tough" he laughed

"Once again, not your fiancé"

William pushed him causing ransom to fall into the wall. The blood boiling within ransom, threatening to overflow at any second. But it didn't. He didn't push back, he didn't even lift a fist.

William was clearly unsatisfied with his response so he decided to try again, pushing ransom once more. "Come on then! Fight back!"

For a second ransom saw red, grabbing William by his shirt but before he even got the chance to do anything a certain pair of eyes flashed across his vision. Dianna's eyes were all he could see, he promised not to touch him. He promised himself he would be a better man for her. He took a deep breath letting him go before turning around and walking towards the door.

"Too much of a coward to fight huh?!" William shouted after him clearly annoyed at the reaction he was getting

As ransom opened the door he turned around once more "I've lost her before, I won't do it again. Especially not over a bastard like you. Stay away from her, stay away from us because next time I might not be this calm" getting the last word he walked out the house, slamming the door behind him.

A weird feeling spread through ransom as he walked home to Dianna. Normally he would fight, he would fight until the guilt was gone but this time he didn't. He chose a different road, he chose to be the better man. Not only for Dianna but for himself.