19 | love

The next morning Dianna had got down to the police station as soon as they opened. She spent the whole night worrying, never sleeping once. She was worried for him yet angry at the same time. Why was he getting into fights? What was he doing.

She walked towards the desk "hi, I'm here for Hugh Drysdale" it felt weird using his first name, now that she thought about it this was the first time she had actually used it.

The man nodded "ah yes, we spoke on the phone last night"

"Can I ask what happened?" She was desperate to know now

"He got into an altercation with a Mr Rob Pattison" the man spoke looking at a sheet of paper "Mr pattison is still deciding if he wants to press charges or not"

"Ransom started it?" She asked

"From what we understand yes, now if you just take a seat I'll go collect him"

Dianna nodded walking away to go get a seat. She sat down her leg immediately beginning to bounce up and down. It only took a couple of minutes before she saw ransom walking through the door, she stood up her eyes going straight to the bruise on the side of his face. She ran straight towards him wrapping her arms around him tightly. He smiled softly into her neck returning the hug.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She asked pulling away looking at his bruise

He nodded "I'm fine sweetheart"

"What happened?" She questioned, her voice dripping with worry

"Let's go home and talk about it" he kissed her forehead, taking her hand before walking outside. It was only then he realised the big dark circles under her eyes, it was obvious she hadn't slept.

"I'll drive, you try and get some sleep on the way back" he walked towards the passenger door, opening it for her

"I can drive I'm fine-"

"You need to get some sleep, I worry about you" he sighed

"Okay, fine" she pulled her car keys out handing them to him as she got into the car

Ransom closed the door, jogging around to the driver side jumping in.

As he drove home he could tell Dianna was slowly growing more and more tired until her eyes closed, finally getting some sleep. Ransom looked over smiling softly at her as he drove home.

————
Dianna woke up back in ransoms bed. She looked around seeing she was alone, she couldn't remember getting into bed but she did remember being in the car. She must have fallen asleep, she pulled herself out of bed beginning to walk downstairs when she heard talking. She could hear ransom and a voice she didn't recognise, she knew she shouldn't be she decided to stop and listen.

"You cant keep doing this, one day you are going to go to far" the voice she couldn't recognise spoke

"I lost it okay. I don't know what more I can do" ransom spoke

"I don't know how many more times I can get you out of this. Just think yourself lucky rob has decided not to press charges."

"Lucky? He's lucky I never put him in the hospital" ransom spat

The man sighed "just keep your cool, I'll deal with it"

Dianna could tell the conversation was coming to an end, she decided she should probably make herself known. She walked down the rest of the stairs, both of the mens heads turning in her direction.

Ransom attitude immediately changing, a small smile gracing his face "Dianna, this is jack my lawyer. Jack this is Dianna, my girlfriend"

Dianna walked towards the table shaking jacks hand "nice to meet you"

"You too, I'm glad I can finally meet the woman who's made him go soft" jack chuckled

Ransom rolled his eyes "ha. Ha."

"As much as I would love to stay I've got some paperwork to be doing thanks to him" jack nodded at ransom before standing up "nice to meet you Dianna and Stay out of trouble ransom"

"Of course I will" he replied sarcastically as jack walked towards the door leaving

"Did you have a nice sleep?" He asked moving over to the sofa

She nodded following him, taking a seat beside him "I did. Now tell me what happened."

Ransom sighed "I got into a fight with Rob, he was saying things about you and I just couldn't handle it. I saw red and there was no going back"

She sighed nodding, it all made sense. He was standing up for her, protecting her. She did ask for this she just didn't think it would go this far.

"Are you angry with me?" He asked turning his head to look at her

"Angry? No. worried? Yes. I appreciate you protecting me, believe me I do but you can't go around beating anyone up just because they say something that you don't like or something that will offend me"

"I get that but-"

"No buts, I love you and I don't want to see you hurt because of me. Understand?" It took her a second to realise what she had just said, did she just say that?

Ransom looked at her in shock. She just said she loved him, she felt the same. She felt the same as he did. He felt like a massive weight had been lifted off his shoulders, she felt the same. She loved him. "You- you love me?"

She knew there was no going back, she couldn't just pretend she hadn't said it. She took a deep breath nodding "yes, I love you. I love you and I won't lose you because of something stupid like that"

"I love you too, I love you" he smiled brightly pulling her onto his lap so she was straddling him, he kissed her passionately not wanting to waste a second.

She slowly pulled away "promise me, no more fights"

"No more fights, no more fights" he spoke, reassuring not only her but himself

She nodded pressing her lips against his once more, feeling his soft lips against hers.

For the first time ever that night neither of them were in control, not ransom, not Dianna. Ransom had what he would consider the most gentle yet beautiful sex he had ever had. The two just taking their time, giving each other small loving kisses whenever they could whispering "I love you" over and over again until they both had nothing more to give. Ransom was ruined, completely and utterly ruined. His heart belonged to Dianna Finley and he would do anything for her,anything to see her smile or laugh. He would go to the ends of the earth to protect her, whatever it took.