43 | Hold me

Hey besties! Since The next two parts are shorter I've just decided to publish them at the same time, so enjoy!
————————————

Ransom had spent the rest of the evening cooking. Never in his life had he been a cook but he was practicing, he wanted to impress Dianna. Show her he could cook more than the one meal. He was impressed with his progress so he had decided to call it a night. He had only been in bed for a couple of hours when three soft knocks were placed on his door. He groaned sitting up, looking to his clock he seen that it was 1am. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes before making his way to the door.

He pulled the door open, his eyes immediately feeling wide awake.

"I did it, I did  it" she mumbled

Ransom looked at her, her eyes red from crying her cheek bright red. A large hand print starting to become visible around her neck. She was hurt, she was really hurt. His blood immediately started to boil, but as much as he wanted to get angry, to freak out. He knew Dianna needed him, she needed him right now. He opened his arms for her "come here sweetheart"

She immediately ran into his arms, wrapping her arms around his waist as he held her tightly. He lifted her of the ground, Dianna wrapping her legs around his waist as he closed the door. She hid her face in his neck as he walked into the bedroom, slowly sitting down still holding onto her.

"Are you okay?" He kissed her head, running his hand up and down her back

She nodding into his neck "I'm free, I did it" she spoke the tears starting to fall

"What happened? What did he do to you?" He asked, still trying his best to stay calm for her

Dianna pulled her face away from his neck so she could look at him. She reached into her pocket pulling out his phone "you dropped this, being the bastard he is he went through it"

"He went through it?" The worry starting to build within him, he knew exactly what he could find "did he find the-"

"Yup" she sighed

"Dianna I am so sorry, I should have deleted it I'm so sorry I-"

"Don't say sorry, I'm glad you kept it and surprisingly it made me do what I've been scared to do all this time"

He nodded, his eyes moving to the bruising around her neck then to her wrists "he hurt you" he mumbled, stroking her red cheek. This was his fault, he didn't protect her. It was his fault and he felt every second of it.

"He told me he wanted to film me so you could see it, he wanted to scare you off. I obviously didn't want to and that's when he got mad" she sighed, leaning her head into his hand

Ransom felt nothing but anger, he was going to kill him. He was going to kill him and make him pay for ever placing a finger on Dianna. She could feel the change in his attitude, she knew exactly what was going through his head. "No, no, no. You cant" she shook her head quickly

"What? I never said anything"

"I know that face, that's your plotting face. I don't want you going after him, it's done. I'm here with you and that's the way it'll always be from now on and if you hurt him and end up in prison I couldn't- I couldn't handle losing you"

Ransom sighed watching the tears form once more in her eyes, he slowly began to nod "okay, okay. What if I just talk to him instead?" Ransom asked, trying to bargain

She quickly shook her head "no. I know you won't talk. Please just don't do anything to him just-" a single tear falling from her eye "just hold me please, hold me"

He nodded pulling her even closer as she wrapped her arms around his waist, hiding her face into his neck. "I promise I won't touch him, I promise" he sighed