23 | Home again

Today was the day ransom and Dianna were going back to Boston. They were currently at her moms, Dianna wanted to spend time with her before she left and so did ransom. Ransom and Sarah had became close, it was strange. Sarah almost felt like he need a mother figure in his life even though he had a mother, maybe she could just tell he never got any support from his mother.

"Where's the bathroom?" Ransom asked standing up from the kitchen table where they had all just had their lunch

"Up the stairs, First door on the left" Sarah smiled softly

"Thank you" he smiled as he left the kitchen beginning to walk up the stairs

"So you like him?" Dianna asked her mom

"I do, I can see how happy you are. I've never seen you this happy. He's good for you, and you seem good for him" she admitted

Dianna smiled sipping at her coffee

"So...when do you think he'll propose?"

Dianna almost spat her coffee out, ransom proposing? Wasn't it to soon? Then again the thought of being engaged to him made her smile, it sent butterflies through her body. "Mom, we haven't even been together that long"

"Yes and you are already closer with him than you have been with anybody. I just like to see you happy, that's all" she shrugged smiling

"Enough about me, how did your date go?"

"Really good, he seems really nice" Sarah chuckled

"I'm glad" Dianna nodded slightly, putting on her best fake smile

"What is it?" She asked knowing something was up with her daughter

"Do you ever think about dad? Like what he's doing, where he is?" Truth is Dianna thought about this a lot, she thought about him a lot. Did he think about her? Did he think about the family he left behind, the daughter he left behind?

Sarah sighed "I do but we both know if he was thinking about us he would reach out, he would contact us in some way"

"Yeah, I know" Sarah was right, if he wanted to get to know her better he would but he clearly didn't. "I'm going to go check on ransom, he's been gone awhile"

"Okay darling" Sarah nodded

Dianna stood from the table, as she walked up the stairs she smiled softly. The memories of her time at home flooding her head. The further she got up the stairs she realised the bathroom door was open. A look of confusion took over her face as she reached the top of the stairs. "Ransom?" She questioned, as she turned her head she saw his shadow coming from her bedroom. She chuckled slightly walking into her bedroom.

As she entered her bedroom she saw ransom standing in front of her bookshelf, looking at the many books surrounded by many photos. "This isn't the bathroom" she chuckled softly

He jumped slightly, obviously taken by surprise at her presence "I'm just-"

"It's okay, I'm only joking" she walked towards the bed sitting down

"I can't believe you were a cheerleader and I didn't know" he chuckled looking at a photo of her and her cheer squad

"Well believe it" she chuckled standing up and walking towards her closet. She opened her closet grabbing her cheer uniform before pulling it out "still got the uniform to prove it" she chuckled

Ransom chuckled as he looked at the red and white uniform, he noticed the pom-poms hanging around the hanger. She really did keep everything "my little cheerleader" he moved closer to her, wrapping his arms around her kissing his head.

"Maybe I should take this with me" she smirked slightly, looking up at him

"Oh really? And why may that be?" He smirked, playing right into her games

"I don't know, might just come in handy one day" she shrugged grabbing a bag from her closet and shoving the uniform in it. 

Ransom chuckled shaking his head at her before checking his watch "I hate to say this but we should get going"

She nodded taking his hand in hers as they began making their way down the stairs. "Mom, we've gotta go"

"Already?" Sarah walked into the hallway

"Yes, sadly" Dianna sighed as she reached the bottom of the stairs

"Okay, okay. Have a safe flight, text me once you landed so I know you're both safe." She wrapped her arms around her daughter pulling her close "I've loved having you back, I'm going to miss you again" she muttered as tears filled her eyes

Dianna buried her face in her moms neck "I'll miss you too, so much" She felt the tears begin to prick at her eyes, but she held it in. She wouldn't cry not infront of her mom, it would only make her upset. She took a deep breath slowly pulling away.

Sarah moved to ransom, instantly wrapping her arms around him. "I'll miss you too, thank you for bringing her home"

"No, thank you Sarah." He smiled softly, hugging her back

She pulled away looking at the couple, ransom moved closer to Dianna taking her hand. He could tell she was struggling to say goodbye, he knew how much she missed her mom when she was in Boston and he wanted to support her to help her.

"I'll see you both soon?" Sarah questioned, a single tear falling from her cheek

"Yes, of course you will" Dianna nodded

"We'll be here so often you'll be sick of us" ransom chuckled

Sarah chuckled, nodding "I could never get sick of you two"

"Goodbye mom" Dianna mumbled out, holding back her tears

"Goodbye darling, goodbye ransom" Sarah smiled softly

"Goodbye Sarah" ransom smiled softly as he opened the door, both ransom and Dianna leaving the house.

————

Ransom and Dianna were now on the plane back to Boston. Dianna had fallen asleep on ransoms shoulder, she was exhausted. The thought of Dianna going back to work without him felt weird to ransom, he wanted to go with her but he couldn't. He knew he couldn't, maybe he could go visit her at lunch? Drop her off in the morning, pick her up at night? No, no. She would never allow that, she wants to be independent. Ransom was that in thought he hadn't even noticed Dianna walking up.

"What's on your mind?" She asked, when she woke up the first thing she saw was what she would call his concentration face. His eyebrows were pulled together while his lips were slightly pouted.

"Oh nothing" he shook his head

"Come on, I know somethings on your mind"

He sighed moving around so he was facing her "I'm just thinking about work"

"It'll be weird without you there" she nodded "really weird"

"It'll be weird not seeing you all day long" he chuckled

"Well you'll see me after work, I could maybe even stay more at yours? Or maybe you could stay at mine for a couple of days"

He chuckled "subtle"

She rolled her eyes "fine. I'll just go home every night and not bother coming to see you"

"I'm joking, I'm joking" he chuckled reaching into his pocket "I actually had gotten this made for you" he pulled out a key "whenever you feel like it you can just come over, maybe even leave some clothes at mine so you don't have to rush home"

She smiled brightly pressing her lips against his, he smiled brightly into the kiss, kissing her passionately. "I love you" she smiled brightly

"I love you too" he did want to ask her to move in but he was worried she might feel like it's to soon, he wanted to test the waters first see how she would react.