32 | Questioning

Hey besties! While I was writing this chapter I was listening to these songs and they really got me in my feels. Anyway I'll leave them here incase you want to listen while you read, enjoy!
Love me or leave me, little mix
Should have known better, Sufjan Stevens
You were supposed to be different, Aron Wright
Wrong direction, Hailee Steinfield
The night we met, lord Huron
——————————————————————

Dianna had woken up early that morning, she wanted to go to the police station answer whatever questions they had for her then leave. she didn't want to be a second longer than what she had to be.

on the drive to the station her thoughts were filled with ransom, she wasnt going to lie for him. he made his choice and he would have to face the consequences of that choice. she didn't know what would happen between the two when she told the truth, she loved him she really loved him. But was love worth all the pain that came with it, all the sleepless nights, all the anxiety but there was no way she would forget the good parts. The days they spent together, laughing, loving. both of them being for the first time ever with anyone completely and utterly themselves.

she pulled her phone out checking the time, she sighed softly once she saw her lockscreen. a photo she had managed to capture of ransom when he wasnt looking, one from when they had only started dating. he was reading over the notes she had given him at work, looking as perfect as ever. she slid her phone back into her pocket before jumping out of the car, walking into the police station.

she walked towards the desk "Hi, im Dianna Finley. I was asked to come in to answer some questions"

the women nodded "just take a seat, it won't be long"

Dianna nodded walking towards the four chairs, sitting down.

————

While Dianna had made sure to be awake and ready in time, ransom was running late as usual. Jack had gotten that bored of waiting he told him he would just meet him there.

As he drove to the police station his head should have been filled with thoughts of how to get out of this, how to get the police off his back but it wasnt, his head was filled with Dianna. He wasnt sorry for what he did, he believed Louis deserved it but he knew Dianna didn't deserve the pain he was causing her. He had hurt the one good thing in his life.

He parked his car spotting Dianna's straight away. He was going to be able to see her, talk to her. he jumped out the car, hope filling his entire body. once he entered the station he saw her sitting beside jack, they were both talking. he smiled softly walking towards her. once she saw him her expression completely changed

"Dianna I-"

"Miss Finley?" a man stepped out of a room

she stood up, nodding at the man before following him into the room

ransom sighed sitting down in the seat she was previously in.

"Okay so you're going to answer every question they ask you, I don't want to hear any of your no comment bullshit unless it is needed" jack warned him

"yeah whatever"

————

Dianna anxiously bounced her leg up and down. the nerves starting to get to her, it would be moments like this when ransom would wrap his arms around her, pull her close or maybe even just put his hand on her leg, letting her know she wasnt alone. She wondered why ransom had brought jack, yes he was his lawyer but in a way Dianna felt it made him look suspicious. then again ransom needs someone to keep him in control.