25 | Staying late

Ransom hadn't heard from Dianna since yesterday, he knew she was pissed. She had every right to be, he shouldn't have spoken to her like that she doesn't deserve it. He didn't know why he did, maybe it was the jealousy he felt or maybe just maybe he really was falling back into old habits. Either way he was desperate for her to call him, text him do anything. He had called her twice so far but he didn't want to annoy her even more, he wanted to give her the time she might need.

While ransom was at home thinking about how to make this better Dianna was at work. All day ransom had been on her mind, she felt she overreacted. She thought she was too harsh, maybe she should've spoken to him first let him explain himself.  She sighed looking at the photo on her desk, both of them smiling brightly in it. She grabbed her phone going straight to ransoms contact, calling him.

He answered immediately "Ransom, I'm sorry I overreacted I just-"

He cut her off "I'm the one who is sorry, I shouldn't be taking anything out on you no matter what it is"

"We'll if we're both sorry how about we just put this behind us?"

"Yes, I would like that. How about you come round to mine tonight? We could put that show on you like" he chuckled slightly

Dianna chuckled, nodding to herself "you want to watch the office?"

"Yeah, of course I do" that was a lie. He didn't particularly want to watch it but he knew it would make her happy.

"Okay, I'll come over in like an hour. I'll see you later"

"Okay sweetheart, I love you"

"I love you too" she smiled hanging up the call

As she put her phone back in her pocket her door opened, Louis walking in. "Hey Louis, everything okay?" Dianna wasn't meant to be working with Louis today, Walt was supposed to be 'teaching' him she wasn't exactly sure what knowledge Walt had to pass on.

"Yeah, just bored of Walt" he chuckled taking a seat in-front of her desk

"Understandable" she chuckled, nodding

"I actually wanted to ask you something"

"Sure, what is it?" She closed her computer putting her full attention onto Louis

"How about we work late tonight? Maybe we could get ahead of work, maybe get Friday off if we get everything done?"

Dianna thought about it. If she stayed late she would get Friday off, meaning ransom and her could maybe do something. Go out? Stay in? But staying late also meant she would be late going to see ransom tonight, she could always call him and say she was staying later. Yeah, yeah. That's what she would do.

"Okay, sure. Let me just make a call then I'll be ready to work"

"I'll go order us some pizza, it'll keep us going" he smiled, standing up and walking out of her office

The call only rang twice by the time ransom answered. "Hey sweetheart, you on your way?" He asked shocked at how quick she had been considering she said she would be another hour.

"Well that's what I'm actually calling about, I'm going to work late tonight meaning I'll get Friday off. So if you want we could go out Friday? Maybe spend some time in bed" she smirked slightly to herself