30 | hospital visit

The next morning Ransom and Dianna woke up in one another's arms, Dianna's head wedged into his neck. She slowly opened her eyes placing a small gentle kiss on his neck.

"Morning sunshine" he muttered, his morning voice filling her head

"Sunshine?" She chuckled, sitting up slightly so she could see his face

He nodded "yes, because you are my sunshine. The light to my darkness" he smiled pressing his lips against hers

She smiled into the kiss "who would've guessed Hugh Ransom Drysdale would be so poetic" she teased

"Ha. Ha. So funny." He rolled his eyes

"Im only joking, I like it" she chuckled, lifting her hand to run her fingers along his cheek slowly moving across his chin up to his lips "So what are we doing today?"

"Oh, I've got some errands to run" he spoke sitting up

"Errands? What kind of errands?"

"Just some shopping" he nodded to himself standing up, starting to pick his close up from the floor

Dianna watched him, she remembered folding those clothes before they went to bed. Why were they now on the floor? "Your clothes are on the floor?"

He nodded pulling his trousers on "yeah"

"I folded those last night, I put them on the chair" she questioned curiously

"Oh yeah, I guess they must have fell" he shrugged pulling on his blue sweater

Dianna nodded putting her curiosity to the side, even though it still didn't make sense. Did he get dressed during the night? Did he go somewhere?

"I gotta get going, I'll see you later" he leaned over onto the bed giving her a quick kiss "I love you" he straightened up, walking out of the bedroom and leaving the house.

Dianna sighed lying back down.

————

Ransom had been driving for the past half an hour. He had made sure to take the beemer, not the car he stole a couple of days ago. That car was currently as ransom would put it, unavailable. He came to a stop outside the same jewellers he bought the diamond bracelet from months ago.

He jumped out the car walking straight into the jewellers. "Ransom, nice to see you again" a women spoke as he entered

"Emma" he smiled politely walking towards the counter

"What can I do for you today?" She asked

he took a deep breath "I need a ring"

"What kind of ring? Another ring for yourself like the one for your pinky or-"

He interrupted her "an engagement ring"

————

Dianna's morning had been uneventful. She had recently done a full order for new clothes, she had gotten them delivered to ransoms house. She practically lived there now, even though it wasn't official she spent majority of her time there. She adjusted the skirt on her as her phone started ringing. She lifted her phone off the bed seeing it was Harlan calling her, she answered immediately putting him on speaker as she looked at her reflection in the mirror.

"Hey harlan, everything okay?"

"No not really, it's Louis. He's been involved in an accident, a hit and run"

"What?! Is he alright?" She picked her phone up, stepping away from the mirror

"No, the doctors have decided the best thing for right now is to put him into a coma"

"Oh my god" she ran her hand through her hair, sitting down on the bed "is there anything I can do?"

"No not really, I just thought I should let you know"

"Thank you for telling me harlan, do you know what room he's in?" She asked, planning to go visit him

"Yes I do, are you wanting to visit him?"

She nodded to herself "yes, do you think that would be okay?"

"Yes, I don't see why not"

"Okay good, good"

"It's room 251, visiting hours is between 1 and 8. Let me know how it goes"

"Thank you Harlan and I will" she hung up the call

She immediately took her skirt off, throwing on a pair of leggings and a top before jumping in her car and driving straight to the hospital. Once she arrived at the hospital she went straight to his room, walking in she saw Louis Laying on the bed, multiple tubes coming out of him. It was weird he looked so still, so peaceful.

Dianna sat on the chair beside his bed. "Oh Louis, who did this to you"

She knew he wouldn't answer but it felt right to try and talk to him, to let him know she was here.

————

Dianna had spent the past 3 hours by Louis side. She had lost track of time, talking over and over again.

As she pulled up back into ransoms driveway she noticed his car was back. She wasn't sure if she should tell him about Louis, it would probably anger him but she didn't want to lie to him. She didn't want any secrets.

She opened the door walking into the living area. "You're back, where were you?" He smiled softly looking up from the tv

She sighed sitting down on the sofa beside him "I don't want you to get angry" she took his hand in hers, almost in a way to try and calm him

"I'm not going to like this am I?" He sighed, holding onto her hand tightly

"Louis is in the hospital, that's where I've been?"

"What? He's in the hospital, is he- is he alive?" He asked

Dianna found it strange that was his question, why would he ask that? "Yes, he's alive"

Ransom nodded, an annoyed look spreading across his face "and you went to go see him"

She nodded "yes, yes I did"

"Why?" He asked, trying to stay calm

"I just wanted him to know I was thinking about him that I-"

Ransom interrupted her "you think about him? You think about him?"

"Ransom. Stop it. Think about what you're about to do" she warned him

He sighed nodding "you don't- you don't have feelings for him do you?"

She quickly shook her head "no, god no. I love you, you are the only person I have feelings for"

He nodded "okay, okay. I'll drop it then"

She smiled softly "thank you, thank you" She was glad he never freaked out, not in the way she expected anyway. This was progress right?

"Did they say what happened to him?" Ransom asked, pulling her into his arms

She cuddled into his chest "a hit and run"

"They haven't caught who done it?" He questioned, running his hand up and down her back

She shook her head "not that I'm aware of"

He nodded placing a small kiss on her head