Chapter 1

"My sweet bebé don't cry, we are getting close now no need to fuss because soon mí familia will never be able to hurt us again"

A woman shushed her fussing child as she trek the high mountains believed to be hiding a safe haven.

"Cecil!! We know you are not far! Comeback and we will talk this out" a woman's voice shouted not far from where the said woman is.

"No, they're getting closer, I must protect you from them, your father will not be happy if they get to you again" Cecil said with renewed vigor to the idea of escaping their previous captors.

And suddenly she saw a river, and with the thought of her final plea she hurriedly jumped and waded to the other side trying to hasten her already weak legs.

" Cecil!! Stop right there, this is no behavior for the future Santiago!"

Cecil quickly got out of the waters and proceeded to run with all her might towards the said hidden paradise.

" No mother, this is what you want not me, I never wanted to marry that man, he is terrible and treats women like clothes"

" Stop this nonsense at once, you will comeback and get Rid of that child and you be married to Mateo !"

" No I was happy with Edgardo, we already have our Princesa, why can't you just let me be happy!"

Soon Cecil was met with a dead end, but magically her footing seemed to sink into the earth and she let out a dreadful scream. Her mother and father along with her two brothers heard this and ran to where they heard the sound. But when they got there, they only saw her forgotten shawl between the branches of a bush nearby with seemingly bits of blood coming from it.

The mother could do nothing but sob on her knees when she realized that in her craze to marry her only daughter to the man she doesn't love, she had also pushed her daughter on the edge she could never get out now.