Chapter 41

It has been almost three years since y/n left and she only managed to send letters rather than visiting. Because she enrolled late for her age, she had to catch up all the past lessons of her peers. Still she is exceptionally fast than the average student in their class.

And during her time in that school she managed to be peers with Brillantes. They spent days together and sharing skills with each other.

"Oy señorita Latina, wait up I have something to give you!" Brillantes shouted as he catches up to y/n on the way to two building.

"Sì? What is it?" She asked as she turned to him and put her  her now longer hair behind her ear.

"Wow I can't believe you forgot it's your birthday, I knew you were dumb but I didn't know you were THAT dumb" he teased as he avoided the swung hand of the girl towards him

"Excuse you!  Señora Guadalupe said I'm even faster and smarter than average student!". She retorted as she continued that assault.

"Okay okay I give! Here I little gift from me and my mamá, she said happy 13th birthday" he said as he handed her a rich aquamarine sequenced  bandana.

"Wow"

"Yeah, mamá heard of the talent showcase practice program of the school and she said that this will help you add that effect to your dances" he said as he stared at her.

' you were never this happy before mamá, why did you give her abuelita's bandana?'

" Tell her gracias. This will help me lots. Oh by the way did you come here just for this? "

" No actually mamá Invited you to dinner later. Just be casual, she just wanted to celebrate your birthday since you are far from your familia" he shrugged

" Ahhh sì sì, I will just put my stuffs back in the rooms. Wait for me here" she said as she ran inside the dorm of girls and 10 minutes later she returned In her casual attire rather than her color coded attire for school.

"Ohh right what's your mom like Brillantes?" She asked as they walked towards their secluded place.

" She's like every mom, she's caring and strong on her own way. She would do anything to keep the familia safe and warm" he casually said.

" Is she pretty? Is she tall? How did your parents meet?" She asked again.

" Oh absolutely, she's the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, but also my sister comes second. And she's pretty short" he said as he guided her carefully through the dense  trees.

"I didn't know you had a sister"

"I did not until we were separated, abuela hated my mother so she we had to leave for a while, but someday I hope we can all be together again" he said as he looked at y/n solemnly.

"I know you all will be reunited, but you still didn't answer my last question" she said.

"Hmmm what last question?" He absentmindedly asked.

"How did your parents meet?" She asked as she sees from the distance a humble cabin in an open area surrounded by trees.

"Oh... Well mamá was from a different village,  her mamá brought her to my father's village. They got accepted but her mamá died from sickness and so she had to be adopted by a family from his village" he said

" That's sad, but you still didn't tell me how though" she inquired more.

" Papá was a friend of the adopted family, he visits her every day until they formed feelings and decided to marry. Of course it wasn't easy since abuela mother of papá doesn't want my mamá for her son. So they had to be a secret for so long before my Tia's had to interfere and made her see that mamá wasn't a bad person so they can marry"

" Ohh why doesn't your abuela approve of your mamá?" She persistently asked.

" Haayy you're not gonna stop asking questions are you?" He asked.

" No no no this the last one" she said

" Well abuela doesn't like outsiders very much, and mamá is from  another village. And abuela is like the matriarch of the village. She hated mamá because she fears that mamá will lead my papá and his familia into ruins" he admitted.

" That's sad, if that happens to me I will give her a piece of my mind and tell her that whatever her reason is she has to let that go and think anew for the sake of your familia" she strongly uttered and balled her fist to show her will.

" Well I hope you do" he whispers.

" What was that?" She asked.

" Nothing come on mamá is waiting for us, she makes great food" he said as he ran ahead of her.

" Wait up!!" She shouted as she ran after him.