Chapter 44

The next morning when the Latina's opened their door to a courier that sent the school's letter of y/n decision to explore the outside world. Bruno was just about to greet the morning light.

That night he had knocked on the doors of the couples home to let him in. Of course they didn't hesitate to greet him with open arms. They fed him and let him use the guest room but he insisted to occupy y/n room saying that her scent will somehow calm him down and that he really just missed her.

Of course the couple didn't complain since they know how the young man felt for their daughter.

"Good morning mamá at papá, what is it early in the morning" he asked.

"A courier is waiting outside for the confirmation letter. Apparently y/n was chosen and she willingly volunteered to help her teacher's sister to teach children outside the Encanto. Since she was willing we decided to agree and signed the papers" Fatima said as she handed Bruno the letter and let him read himself the content of it.

"But she hasn't been back yet, she haven't returned yet. What if she can't come back and be stuck to the other side." Bruno said as the wheels in his head began to turn and fill his head with scenarios where y/n never returned and found someone else to accompany her through life.

"Bruno my boy relax, she will return after five years" Josephito said as he calmed the rattling man down.

"That's longer  than three years, too long for me to not see her"  he said as he trembled.

Josephito knew where this insecurity is coming from, after all their daughter became the saving grace of this young man. And they know how these two bonded over the years.

"We know Bruno but we can't cage her and clipped her wings" Fatima said as he pulled the young man towards her and laid his head on her shoulder

"Listen carefully mi niño, if your love is true for my daughter and you believe in her heart, then you must not doubt her decision. She is finding herself and I know she is doing this for you. I know her insecurity and that's being not able to prove herself in the eyes of your mamá. She is doing this to prove that she can and had earned the spot right by your side" Fatima said as she ran her fingers through his curly hair remembering how y/n likes it too.

"But she doesn't have to do that. I can do anything just to prove mi familia that she is worth the space in my heart."

"But she wants too, call it pride that she wants to prove, but now this she's doing this for the both of you." Fatima reassured.

Bruno then held the paper once more. "I want to see her before she goes, just once will be enough for me until she returns" he said as he took the enveloped letter that in Josephito's hand.

Tucking both letter in his satchel he went outside and talked to the courier.

" Señor Madrigal you don't have to worry I can deliver these letter safe and sound. " The man said as he road his mare.

" No I want to see someone at the school, I just want to tag along since I don't know the way" Bruno said as he asked Josephito to borrow one of his horse.

" You can take Emmanuel he's the brown one" his papá said

" Uhmmm if señor insist then I will happily lead the way. The travel will take half a day since we won't be taking a carriage with us. The volunteers are leaving right after the letters of confirmation is submitted" the courier informed as they left the village.

" Gracias for letting me tag along. Your future is bright" Bruno said as he unknowingly saw his future and saw a beautiful family and the courier having the son he so yearned.

"Really!?" He asked the seer

"It will take a long time but yes I know it will be bright and full of joy" he confirmed.

And with that they rode the whole way towards the school where the volunteers are waiting and ready to leave.

Meanwhile......

"Y/n! Why do you look so troubled?" Her peers asked

"Nothing Francia just felt like someone is Missing me is all" y/n answered as he rubbed her arms for warmth.

"Uhuh well then if you're done come inside the breakfast has been served we need to be full, after all this afternoon is our departure" Francia said as she returns inside the school.

"I have to think about what Esmeralda said, do I need to give up my own. Just to return Her's? –oh mamá if only you were here" she sighed as she looked at the distance.

She then heard a faint whisper.
" Follow what your heart beats for"

She looked around to see no one.

" Maybe it's the wind" she said as she began to turn around and  get back inside.

Only to see Brillantes of the distance.

Y/n frowned and went to his direction.

As she was face to face with the boy she began to talk.

"I don't know why you both did what you did, but know this my decision Is my own and if you try to change it. I will never ever forgive you Brillantes, you were my first friend in this school that I knew from the village and I can't imagine you betraying me." She said as she gave him white and yellow chrysanthemums.

And she left him there standing alone at the edge of the forest.

As she was once again inside the school, Brillantes could help but feel guilty and hurt. To hear those words out her own mouth cuts a lot deeper than the knife his tia keeps in her kitchen.

" Even though I know how you feel, it still hurts to hear it from your mouth" he said as he felt hands placed on his shoulders.

" I'm sorry Brillantes" is all Esmeralda can say, after all this all because of her greed to have her husband back. 

Brillantes looked at his mother and engulfed her waist with his hug and cried like a baby.

" Ay mi bebé my beautiful jem please don't cry, we will return now and everything will be back to normal. We will be whole again,  just endure this for now"  Esmeralda said as she lifted her 13 year old son and carried him back to their now non existent house.

They then rode a horse back to where they first appeared in the village forest near the Encanto's mountains. As they neared a big tree that afternoon, they entered a hidden small opening covered with twigs and vines.

"Back home". They both said as they disappeared through the night. Not ever coming back.