Chapter 29

It was a peaceful dinner when the three occupants of the house was suddenly startled by a banging noise from the back door.

"Ay!!" Fatima squeaked
Josephito accidentally stabbed his plate chipping it and their daughter launching her cutlery across the room.

"I'll go check it out" y/n said as she carefully grabbed her thrown spoon and holding it up.

"Mijah don- " Josephito tried to stop her but he stopped when he saw how his wife was still she'll shocked and non moving.

"Corazon, are you alright speak to me" he asked.

While with y/n, she quietly stalked over the door as she once again heard the banging.

"Okay on the count three smack the life out of whoever is on the other side" she coached herself as she took hold of the knob.

Uno

Dos

Tres

"ARGHHHHhhhh-" she screamed but slowly stopped when she saw who was on the other side shielding themselves.

"I come in peace!!" Bruno screamed back

Without further delay y/n launched herself at him and screamed happily, as the tumble down the cool soil of their backyard.

"You're here!! Wait did you tell one of your sister's?  I'm sorry I thought you were some troublemaker banging so loudly"

" So you decided to try and smack them with a spoon? " He asked as he adjusted himself and sat up holding her safely.

" Princesa are you alright?! Dios mió - Bruno?" Fatima said as she came running towards them. And suddenly ran to them and embraced them tightly.

"You're back, my favorite duo is reunited again!" She exclaimed as she cried.

"Mí amor I hear crying!? - Bruno?" Josephito asked as he too joined the hug later on and shedding a few years.

"What brings you here son?" He asked the young man.

"Oh uhmm sneaking out???" Bruno said unsure as to what to respond.

"You know you really are like mí Princesa, always up to something" Josephito said as he helped his wife up and Bruno too, while Bruno helped y/n to stand.

They had redone their greetings and soon Fatima offered for the group to get back inside unless they want the nearest house to see them out.

" Since we were just eating our dinner, join us Bruno we've missed you so much" Fatima offered as he patted Bruno's back.

" My son you seem to have not worn your poncho, I remember correctly that you love it so much you would always wear it" Josephito asked as they settled around the small table again and this time giving Bruno his plate and y/n filling it up to the brim.

" I think I misplaced it" he sheepishly replied as he scratched his neck.

Josephito nodded as he knowingly looked as his wife.
To which she winked at him knowing what's going on

"hijah, that's too much, he might not be able to finish it all" Fatima said as she reprimanded her daughter.

" Nonsense mamá, I promised to put some meat on this bag of bones here. ¿Verdad querida? " She said as she pinch Bruno's arm.

" Aysst that hurts... But she's right Señora, I promised to be healthier... Three year have really done me some number" he solemnly replied.

" Aww, bueno you will eat up and clean up since you have dirt on you, and after that we will have a family reunion later" Fatima said as she smiled and urged everyone to eat.

And soon everyone was done and of course Bruno tried to help with the dishes only to be stopped by Josephito.

" not so fast chico. My wife said you have to clean up, not the dishes, so go on I assume you still remember where the bathroom is?" He said sternly

"Sì señor" Bruno replied as he continued to grab his satchel and went upstairs where the bathroom is located.

He proceeded to clean up and borrowed one of the dry towels of the family and went back downstairs.

"There you are come with me in the Salas, mamá and papá are still cleaning up and I am done early so we can go there first." She smiled so lovingly.

Bruno nodded and held her hand as he followed her towards the Sala.

As they sat on one of the long couches, y/n pulled him in front of her and sat him down.

"Here I'll dry you're hair for you" she offered as she took the towel and gently dried hid hair.

She started to him mindlessly and soon Bruno was relaxed and humming as well.

"Will I ever catch up to you Bruno?" She asked out of the blue.

"What do you mean Hermosa?"

"Like be alongside you, useful as you are"

"Of course you will, but you will be much more than be useful" he innocently answered.

But to y/n she knew he didn't fully understood her.

'i suppose I will be but I know you will never notice me the way I do, when I grow older will you see me then? 'she asked in her mind.

"There all dried up" she smiled as she was trying to hide her shame and guilt for loving a man older than her that she knew will never feel the same.

'he only sees me as a younger sibling... 'she once again said to herself.

Later on everyone was together and had talked about their missed times together.

And later that night Fatima and Josephito announced that they will be going to bed first.

And that left the to children at the Salas.

"I see you wore the ring. Does it glow?" She asked.

"Brighter when I think of you" Bruno said.

"As do I, by the way how is things back home? She asked as she stood and went to the kitchen.

" It's going better than I expected. And I get to have a- nevermind it'll be surprise if ever you come by and sneak out"

" Okay if you say so, uhm so I don't think you misplaced your poncho, actually I had taken it. It looked so old so I took it and have them repaired since that's all my savings could do rather than by you a knew one ohh and I added some details to it. " She exclaimed as she opened one of the cupboard in the kitchen.

And she gave him the green paper wrapped package.

Bruno immediately opened it up and saw his poncho having a more colorful green and hour glasses along both it's sides.

" Wow..  just wow. It's green... " He silently said

" Do you know like it? " She nervously asked

" Are you kidding I love it! " He said as he hugged her and swung her around.

" How did you manage to make it this color? " He asked

" I used the prophecy you gave me. The small particles of the remaining from the making of our rings I asked señor Gomez to give me some and asked a professional to combine the two" she proudly said

" Your prophecy? "

" Yeah, didn't I tell you, I'll give you my future" she said as she smiled.

They bought spent the night telling telenovelas and acting that they eventually fell asleep on the couch snuggled together and Julio sleep on top of y/n back as the two were sleeping.

It was a nice night to have reunited with the family who treated you as one of their own and loves you unconditionally.