Chapter 13

Julieta felt a great sense of dread as she witness her brother being slapped by their own mother.

"MAMÁ, WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" she asked as she confronted Alma.

Pepa was just too stunned to speak, but the apparent cloud looming above her says that she is dealing very badly about the situation.

" I don't know what has gotten to your brother but he has stepped out of bound" she said as she faced her daughter.

"Mamá y/n has been a part of Bruno's life while she was with him, you know full well that he has been happier ever since she came to our Encanto!" Julieta said as she reasoned out the unjustified treatment their mother is giving Bruno and y/n.

Alma just ignored her daughter and went down the stairs as she got out of Casita and headed to town.

" Julieta, Pepa... I have something to do at the town, make sure your brother does not leave this house whatever happens." She said as she left.

" Julieta... What are we gonna do? " Pepa asked her hermana as she got closer and grabbed her hands.

" I don't know, but I'll ask Agustin to check up on the Latina's every day. " She said as she gripped her sisters hands back.

" I'll ask Félix too, he is quite close to señor Josephito, he can also give us some update."

They both agreed to ask the help of the two boys they had met earlier that week.

Earlier when Alma had slammed the door at y/n

Y/n can't help but let the tears run wild as she ran out of the town and right into the forest. She found a big tree and sat beside it as she cried and cried.

She just couldn't understand why it has to be this way.

"I'm sorry, Bruno I wish I had fought more, but what can I do, she is your Madre" she sobbed for hours until her throat was hoarse.

A sudden movement from a nearby bush  startled her from her crying. There pop out both Félix and Agustin.

"What are two doing here? How'd you find me here?". Y/n asked as she tried to rub the tears away.

"Y/n we know what happened...and the sisters asked is to look for you in case you didn't come home" Félix said as he sat down besides you.

Agustin followed Félix's lead and sat down to the other side of the saddened girl.

A comfortable silence enveloped the three as they calmed their selves.

The two males looked at each other above y/n's head as they had the silent agreement to let the girl think to herself.

"Félix am I a bad Influence?"
"Why would say that bonita?"  Félix asked as he looked at the girl.

" Alma said that I've been causing Bruno bad, am I a bad person?" She asked as she sniffled on her arms on top of her knees Infront of her.

"You are not a bad person y/n"  Félix tried to console the girl. And this time Agustin chimed in.

"You know y/n I may not have been born here and considered as an outsider still, you were the first one to really take the time to help me in the Encanto, and you even lead the way for me towards the most beautiful Julieta" Agustin assured as he patted her shoulders.

" You are just saying that because I'm sad... It's just that I-" in the midst of her speech she stopped. Unable to process to what comes next, as if she was chained by the neck. She felt her throat constrict.

She never wanted this to happen, where did it go wrong, where did she messed up to have Bruno removed from her side, to her considered sisters removed from her.

The two males tried to comfort her, bug she just stood abruptly startling them.

"I'm fine, i- I'll just go back home, it has been hours since I was gone I'm sure mi familia has been worried. Tell mí hermanas that I'll be fine, and please look after Bruno" she said as she walked away numbly.

Félix followed suit helping Agustin up on his feet.

"Poor girl l, this must have been too much for her mind to comprehend" Agustin said as he rubbed his right arm.

"Indeed, that girl has been the light of this town, more specifically the light of Bruno" Félix said

"I don't understand?"

"You see people here might be nice and all but because they couldn't understand how the future works and Bruno being tied to it, they avoid him and spread rumors 'Bout his misfortunes. But ever since y/n showed up, he changed, for the better for himself. But seeing what is happening now, I don't think he will be well" Félix said as a forlorn look graced his usually holy face.

They decided to head back to their respective partners and reported back what they had seen.

Upon hearing it, Julieta worried more, and Pepa was so near to oblivion, if it wasn't for Félix calming her down.

Days passed and Alma never relented nor considered Bruno's reluctance. Bruno stayed cooped up in his room only ever coming out for emergencies but he will rarely be seen now a days. Julieta would make sure he has eaten but most of the time he would ignore the calls and just cry away in his cave.

Days turned into months and the people also seeking the future would pile up once more at his doorstep. Most likely than not you would hear profanities and breaking glasses whenever future seeking people would visit the Madrigal son.

Alma has been concerned about it but decided not to intervene just yet, hoping that her son would see her point and become more considerate of the towns wellbeing.

And to the other side of the town, the Latina's are worried to what is happening to their Princesa. The usual laughter in the house could not be heard anymore, as if their daughter had magically lost her voice.

She would answer briefly and continue on the day as if a machine scheduled to do so.

Julieta and Pepa kept and ear out for the situation of the girl. But if is hard when their brother himself is needing their assistance.

"Julieta this is getting out of hand"

"I know Pepita! But what do you suppose we do, mamá won't let us up to Bruno's room and we also can't visit y/n. It is a good thing that Agustin and Félix is still visiting her in our stead"

"I  just hope things will blow over soon." Pepa said as she signed and willed her clouds away.