Chapter 11

"up and down the sidewalk, walking by sidewalk off we go~"

A voice sang as she peak at every corner looking for something.

"Where o where can my rat have gone~ It really is a shame that I have his favorite thing~" she continued finally seeing what she was looking for right around the next corner near her house.

She began to run and jump at the final step and collided right on to the person as they were about to face her incoming assualt.

"I caught you!! I caught you!! " She screamed in a sing song voice. As  they bought went down the stone street. She erupted more into giggles as she nuzzled her face on to the person's chest as they laid on the hot road.

"Mi amor!! That was dangerous, come on get off of him" Josephito said as he pry the overly energetic girl off.

" Ay hijoh you okay, I swear she becomes more disastrous as she grows"Fatima said as she helped Bruno stand, dusting off his poncho of the dust from the road.

" It's okay Señora, I'm used to it, I think she has this daily goal of sneaking up on me" Bruno said as he smiled and took y/n and swung her around as she laughed with mirth.

" I caught you!! Ohh right here, I got you some Arepas from Julieta's stand" she said as she shoved the food in his mouth and forced herself down from Bruno's hold.

" Mamí ! Can Bruno and I go to the river? Please I wanna catch some fish, he told me he'll teach me how, please, please pleaseeee" she said as she held her mother's hands and grasped it like her life depends on it.

" I don't know... Don't give those eyes... Fine but first take some extra clothes with you, you too Bruno I know that's just your excuse to go swimming" Fatima said as she went inside the house.

Y/n followed and pack a pair of blouse and skirt, and some other necessity.

She went back down and saw her mother give Bruno a woven basket filled with foods.

" I also packed you both foods in here, don't forget to wait an hour before going in to the waters okay" she reminded as they shooed them away.

" Yes Mamí, we got it! Come on Bruno let's go have a picnic" she said as she went ahead.

" Then I'll be going too Señora, rest assured I will not let her out my sight" he said

" We know Bruno, we trust you but we also wouldn't be surprised if she had another accident, after all she is prone to it, just make sure she eats Julieta's food if ever she injured herself, that girl is so rambunctious I tell you" Fatima said as she now shooed Bruno along too.

Bruno bid his goodbye and went after y/n as they headed to the river, he saw y/n talking to the Félix boy again and he can't help but feel jealous that she is talking to other boys. But he knew he has no rights to be so.

But then he also noticed Pepa with them, that made the ugly feeling in his stomach to ease.

"Hey! Pepa what are you doing here?" He asked and he can't help but notice the blush on her cheeks.

"Uhm.. well you see, I started to date Félix just earlier and we'll our little y/n here just invited us to the river". She said as she fumbled and tried to hide her face behind her hair.

Félix laughed at this and assured Pepa that she is still beautiful with her cheeks flared with red. Which caused her more to blush again.

Bruno felt some what annoyed by this but he accepted the idea nonetheless.

Soon the grouped walked towards the river that is when they came across Julieta and the new comer walking towards them.

"Holà Julieta! I see you have señor Agustin all healed up. We were just about to head down the river would you like to join us? Oh Agustin you can come if you'd like?" Y/n offered.

Julieta accepted seeing that she just finished her town work and was about to go home with the last basket that had the left over foods from her stand.

Agustin also accepted still looking at Julieta.

Bruno once again felt something deep inside him twist with annoyance. But he kept it to himself not wanting to ruin everybody's day.

They arrived at the river and started to fish, but seeing that they all can't get one bite, they just decided to ditch the idea of fishing and just have the picnic.

They laid down a big mat that Señora Fatima included in the woven basket on the ground and laid down food for everyone.

They ate and talked to each other about anything. But Bruno just kept quiet most of the time just looking at y/n as she interacts with everyone.

He can't help but feel this heavy beat in his heart, he tries to ignore it and put it as brotherly instinct.

At this moment y/n stood from her position and ran fast towards the waters and jump.

Bruno's heart hammered in his chest as he quickly sprung to action after his niña.

"Y/N!!" He shouted as he also jumped in.

"Bruno!"
"Y/N!"  

The two pairs shouted as they heard the splash of both bodies hitting the waters. The stood from the blanket and observed  whether if they should follow or not.

Bruno was the first emerge from the water and frantically looked around.

"Hermosa!! Where are you?! Y/n answer me!" He said as he continuously tried to look around Julieta and Pepa covered their mouths as fear and panic rush in their hearts. All four was about to help Bruno look around when suddenly y/n emerged from the waters and wrapped her arms on Bruno's neck and tried to pull him down.

Julieta and Pepa let their breath go that they hadn't realized they were holding. Félix and Agustin comforted bought lady as they shook from the earlier panic.

But they were brought out of their reverie when they. Heard Bruno's voice scolding y/n.

"What were you thinking?! I thought you hurt yourself, I thought you drowned! Speak to me what were you thinking?!" He shouted as he grabbed her and put her in front of him as she still wrapped her arms around his neck.

" I was just trying to tease you-" she tried to defend herself but Bruno shouted once more.

"You know that was dangerous, have you ever thought if you had drowned?! What will your parents say  huh?! ". He said as he shook her shoulders clearly his mind was still fogged by fear and panic.

"Hermano I think that's enough-" Julieta tried to calm him.

"NO! Julieta what if she was drag by the current, what if she drowned! What if she DIED?!" He shouted

Y/n began to tear up as Bruno shouted at Julieta. Bruno broke from his rant when he heard her  whimper and sob. He looked at he and immediately calmed down and hugged y/n and brought her up the banks with him.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry, I just wanted to lighten up your mood since you seem conflicted and...and I didn't think you would get mad... Please don't shout" she said as she cried loudly now.

Bruno feeling guilt, he embraced y/n and rocked her back and forth to stop her cries. Julieta brought them towels from the woven basket of Señora Latina.

" Shh shhh I'm sorry for shouting but don't do that to me again okay? I thought I lost you" he said not noticing the knowing looks of Julieta and Agustin.

She nuzzled on to his chest and sniffled as she nodded, promising to never scare him like that ever again.

Pepa then urge them to change their clothes and just relax by the picnic.

Bruno stayed by the banks a little longer as the group Walk away. He just acknowledge the thing he has been suspecting.

He really did give his heart already to the princesita of  the Latina's.

" This is bad, bad, bad Bruno. This can't happen I'll just bring her misfortune, I need to keep this to myself, no one has to know, (he looked at the now changed y/n at the picnic ) she doesn't have to know"

He said as he stood from his spot and returned towards the picnic.