Chapter 38

Exactly 2 days–two days before y/n has to leave home and further cultivate her knowledge as an individual.

And right now she is waiting on her rocking chair outside her mother's garden.

She relayed the news the day before yesterday to Agustin and Félix when they visited her in the stead of the madrigal siblings.

Agustin was happy for her decision, seeing that he himself is a scholar. And so is Félix saying that it is indeed a great chance to broaden her knowledge and meet new people and share experiences.

Y/n thanked them both that day and left giving her the tightest hug they can give the ten year old.

Yesterday the two sisters then visited with the two males and gave her their regards and a simple gift to remember by, seeing that they may not see each other often due to their conflicting schedules for the town. Y/n understood as she accepted the gifts and bid them farewell that day as well.

And right now as the night swiftly rolled in and her parents getting themselves ready for bed and leaving her be, knowing that she is waiting for their now seen son outside.

"Mi princesita, your mamá and I will be heading to bed to get some sleep, don't stay up too late okay. When he arrives get in quickly so you won't get sick, understood?" Josephito told his daughter.

" Sì papí, I know. Good night sleep well to you too and mamí" y/n said as she covered her self up with her mother's shawl and continued to softly rocked her chair.

" Goodnight my little song bird" Fatima said as she kissed her temple and Josephito followed suite.

" Goodnight mi familia" y/n said as she watched them disappear behind the door as they closed it.

And an hour later a rustling can be heard behind the garden fence. And the rustling continue until it stopped by the back gate.

And it opened to Bruno walking in. Y/n smiled and stood from her sitting position and walked towards him.

Bruno saw her and smiled back as he picked her up and swirled her around.

" Lo siento mí Hermosa, I took too long to return to you. I prepared a special treat for you since ah—you're leaving soon. " Bruno said as his cheeks tinted pink as he settled her down.

"We have two days to spend together, and I can still visit when the school allows it. Ohh you've turned pink are you sick?" Y/n innocently asked as she poked his cheeks.

" Ah no no, I was just flustered because I ran to get here. Shadows are Incredibly hard to hide in now since many house are lately being built" Bruno said as he hid half of his face.

" Oh okay, then let's get you inside, the family is asleep already. And as you have said you have a special treat for me. But we can open it tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, we will spend this two days together before I leave" y/n said as she dragged him inside the house and made him clean himself up as she prepare him a small meal from dinner.

And soon Bruno returned to the kitchen and his stomach blew up his stealthy cover when it growled in hunger.

" I knew you didn't eat at home—come on I didn't eat dinner too, because I knew you would come here  and starving."

She said as she sat on her seat facing Bruno's seat.

Bruno sat down and started eating as well as y/n.

And soon the sat in a comfortable conversation about how his new telenovelas is coming in and how his friendly critters is doing.

" Oh by the way how is Julio? I haven't seen him in a while" y/n said as she brought her plate with her to the sink.

Bruno following closely, assisting her.

" Actually he's been going out more and more. I don't know where to" Bruno said.

" Oh... Anyways we should sleep so tomorrow we have the energy to finish all our activities!! I can't wait to explore the town again with you!" She said as she skipped around.

Bruno smiled at this. When they arrived at the room of y/n. She had to stop him from coming in.

"Uhm you have to sleep in the other room. I have something in here and I want you to see it tomorrow" she said as she scratched her neck.

Bruno smiled at this and sighed, he had thought that she didn't want him close anymore—we she does because she had a surprise.

" Sì mi Hermosa I understand. I will go there no, sweet dreams Princesa" he said as he kissed her forehead and left through the door adjacent to her room.

" Sweet dreams Bruno" she spoke loud enough to be heard to the other room.

As she entered her room, she went to her bedside table and sat on her bed. She took something from the drawer under the bedside table. It was a rich green colored hair tie and an glass encrusted hair pin of green leaves and royal blue flowers.

She admired it as she imagined Bruno wearing it. After all she took classes from Señor Gomez on how to make  handmade jewelries. Still a no ice she was but still she was most proud of her creation.

"I hope when I leave, he will not be too upset and neglect himself again." She sighed as she put her gifts on her bedside table and rubbed her arms.

She's too eager for tomorrow to come, and she can't wait for the moon to rest and the sun to work away the day.

"Hear me~ hear me light of moon, I'm calling~ calling to make you swoon. My wishes is far too young to be seen. Help me grow, help me achieve my goal~ so that the Reina will acknowledge my soul~

She softly sung the tune and laid her head to rest. And let her eyes flutter close and dreamed of a big tree and a river.