Chapter 34

It has been two days since Bruno had snuck out la casa Madrigal, and he knew he will have to go back tonight.

*Knock,knock, knock, knock knock-*

Bruno smiled and opened the door of the room.

And he was met with a soft knock on his head.

"Knock on wood" y/n said as she smiled and hugged the taller male.

"Knock on wood" Bruno replied as he knock on her head as well.

"Please tell me you will be safe back home? " She asked as she let go of him and looked at his eyes.

"I will for you you know that I will. And besides I have been on a project and I have to home and safe to show it to you" he said as he smiled and patted her head.

"Oh okay. Uhm Bruno, this may be sudden but I had decided to go to school instead of being home schooled by mamá. I wanted to experience it" she said as she sat on her bed and fiddle with her hands.

"Why are you telling me this? You know you can do that, if it makes you happy it's okay for me" he said as he held his bag and sat besides her.

"I just wanted to tell you because I won't be home most of the time. It's half ways across the Encanto and I have to move their." She said.

" Ohh... So you will live there for as long until you graduate? "

" Yes, and both mamá and papá agreed to it, I just want you to know. I don't want for you to isolate your self again." She admitted as she looked at him.

He sighed and grabbed his face and let his hand stay on his mouth.

" Well we did just managed to reunite, but I promise you upon this ring Hermosa, that I will not succumb to the darkness as long as I know that my moon is somewhere that she'll be safe and well taken care of,and that she'll shine even far away." He said as he hugged her and kissed her forehead.

She hugged back and her parents then entered the room.

" It's time Bruno, I'll escort you back. Don't worry we will tell you when she'll have to leave." Josephito said as he went right back out the room and down the back door.

" Don't worry my little ones, let's believe that our miracles is within our hearts and it will help us through all of this" Fatima said as she smiled at them and ushered them out the room and downstairs.

The two looked at each other and followed closely. As they reached the back lawn, they sucked a deep breathe and passed the porch.

"Soon you won't have to come and visit through the backdoor. I'll make sure the next time you enter our home is that you'll use that front door" Josephito said as he smiled at the younger male.

" Gracias, s-"he was about to say sir but the look Josephito gave him, made him think otherwise.

" Gracias papá" Bruno said as he grinned nervously and followed him through the shadows casted by the forest and houses.

" Ay mi vida, don't send him off with that face. He's not leaving forever. You must be positive that he will return" her mother said as she slowly smiled taking her advice.

"Perfecto, that's the smile I missed so much. Let's get inside, tomorrow is another day and another day to look forward to" Fatima said as she embraced her daughter and guided her in.

While with Bruno— they're getting close to Casita and so Josephito decided to stop Bruno and talk to him.

"Bruno hold on" Josephito said as he held his shoulder.

"Did you open the object I gave you last time?" He asked

"Oh I was supposed to open that?" Bruno asked

"What did you think you should do with gifts chico? " Josephito teased Bruno.

" I didn't realize it was a gift" Bruno laughed awkwardly as he reached for his pocket.

"I gave this to you so that you'll remember that you have our support and love. My wife and I saw how much our daughter suffered when you were gone, and we saw how much you cared for her equally, so we decided that this little token of gratitude us needed"  Josephito said

As Bruno opened the silk wrap, he can't help but stare at it in awe. It was a gold chain necklace with a small circular pendant, and inside the pendant is his photo with the family and one is when he was with y/n when she was seven"

" This... I can't.. I don't know what to say" Bruno said.

" You don't have to say anything, just treasure it." Josephito said.

Bruno quickly wore the necklace and thanked the older male profusely.

" Alright, alright you go on now, your familia might get suspicious of the noise outside." Josephito said.

" Sì papá I'll go. Oh and thank you so much for letting me have the chance to get the  flowers I needed for the gift" he said to Josephito.

" I'm glad I could help son, now hurry and go home"

Bruno nodded as he sprinted the remaining distance to casa Madrigal. And Josephito smiled as he also turned around and headed back home.

Bruno carefully reached the casa as he waved a silent greetings to Casita and  continued to head to his glass garden.

He got in the for and locked it behind him. He was however surprised by his hermana.

" Bruno!!"
" Ay por dios!!, Pepa don't scare me like that" Bruno screamed

" Sorry, sorry. I just thought I'll be feeding your friends again, mamá was getting suspicious it's good that you're back" Pepa admitted as she put down the tray in one of the table inside his garden and hugged her brother.

" Don't worry I'll tell Julieta that you're back so we can make an excuse. Just rest because you have to tell me tomorrow all you did away from home" Pepa said as she smiled and left his room entirely.

Bruno smiled at this. He loves his family so much. And then his little critter friend plop on his lap.

" Oh Julio, how has it been?" He asked

The little guy only squeaked and slept on his lap as Bruno sat on his red couch in the garden

And soon he too fell asleep unknowingly.