Chapter 27

As y/n cleaned up and went to bed, she can't help but think of what she and Julieta talked about.

Is she really in love or just longing at Bruno, she can't differentiate it just yet.

But what she confessed when she witness Bruno struggle with a vision he can't see, she knew she felt something.

Was it a brotherly love?she doesn't know, An infatuation? She doesn't know, was is merely the outcome of their separation? Maybe.

But what she can't explain and understand is the thought of her chest constricting when she sees him in pain, she sees him scared and wounded, she sees him lost and looking for a way back.

The mere concept  of loosing him makes her heart ache like no tomorrow.

'I wish someone will give me a sign, I will work for it if needed.'

Was her last thought as she drifted to sleep. When she entered her dream she saw a small meadow and a big tree.

And by that tree is a woman not older than 32. She went to the lady and it looked at her and she was crying.

Her face is blurred and smudged but she speaks, she seemed to know her.

" Don't let go of him, we need him, our family needs him, please don't let him be eaten by that vision, we need him, the daughter he loves needs him"  it said but she could understand what she meant. Suddenly the scenery changed into a magical passage out of Encanto and the woman was going in it.

She looked back at y/n and spoke again.
" I can't be strong without him, I will return when he does, until then I can't live here where our memories live, my daughter won't remember me my son's will be forced to not say a word about me. Please save him, don't let what happened to me happen to you" she said as she went through the gateway.

Y/n then heard a group of screams behind her and she look behind her see a group of people.

" Mamí.." three boys whimpered.

" If you just didn't curse at father, if you just appreciated him he wouldn't disappear!" The first one said.

The second one just stared at the closed gateway and his eyes lost beyond the world of darkness. The third one cried as he held his anger but still confronted the group.

" Now our sister is not our sister, our father a curse you won't dare speak his name, and our mother who lost herself and left. This family is- nevermind we will leave the town" the third one declared.

A person from the grouped seemed to have said something that made the second boy speak.

"We can live without our gifts, this town will not depend off of us if they were the reason our father lost himself. We will take our family away from here, those room can disappear for all we care" he said as he left and the other two followed and two Individual followed right after.

The scene once again changed to a forest and in it is a humble home. Then it changed again into a broken house on the hill.

Then it all stopped by the big tree again. But y/n was alone. But she heard a male voice.

"Mí esposa" she tried to look back but she woke up to the morning light that streamed in her bedroom.

"Strange..." She said as she got up and went on her day.

With Bruno that night was the same but doesn't know if what he saw is a vision or a simple dream.

He saw a church and inside is a group of two families and a couple at the altar, then he saw the lady by the big tree again, and a man crying by the river, but this time he saw the lady has Changed.

She stood by the tree her back on him. He heard a male voice call out to the lady.

"Mí esposa..." And then he woke up to the sound of his sand aggressively swirling around him.

He got up and the sand returned to where they came from and settled down like nothing happened.

"Strange..." He said as he got up and cleaned himself up and decided that today he will face his family once and for all.

He slowly but surely made it down his stairs and door. He took a deep breath and knocked on his door five times and sixth one on his head.

" Here goes nothing"
He went down to the kitchen to see Pepa brewing coffee and Julieta making breakfast.

"Holà familia" he meekly said

Suddenly he was tackled by two bodies to the ground.

He winced as he looked at his hermanas on top of him.

"What was that for?!" He asked as he rubbed the back of his head.

Julieta immediately got up and went back to them to shove an arepa in his mouth. The pain he felt vanished but he was tackled again but this time more cautious.

"You came out!! I've missed you, you cabron" Pepa exclaimed happily as he ruffled his curls

" I just combed that you know" he point out

" Well it was bout time you did something to it, and all it had to take is a visit from señorita Latina" Julieta teased.

They calmed down after a few laughs here and there. And Bruno decided to help Julieta make breakfast as Pepa made the table.

As the two were busy cooking Alma arrived and sat down on her designated seat. She noticed Bruno's plate out and not the tray like last time.

She was about to ask about it when Julieta came out of the kitchen bringing food and Bruno close behind her holding a similar plate.

He paused midway when he saw his mamá, but he took a deep breath and mustered up the courage and sat down on his chair. Silence washed over them and no one tried to break it. Bruno decided that enough is enough.

" Uhermmm. Bueno, I'll- I'll speak first, I know this is surprising to you all but I decided to integrate myself back into this family, I- I might need time to fully go back to society but I'll try, eventually. I'll start by attending the meal time here... I hope you understand" he said as he slumped his back down and peaked through the curtain of his black curls.

Julieta was proud at his declaration and Pepa can't wait for the progression of her brother is going through.

Alma was silent first but she did speak after a few seconds.

"Alright, acceptable Bruno... I'm glad you're back my son" she shortly acknowledge.

With a single sentence his mother rendered him blank as he nodded slowly and agreed.

He hadn't heard his mother talk to him like this before and it is a Complete shock, he stared at Alma and wanted to ask but he decides against it.

After all he doesn't want to drain up his luck with his mother, if he wanted to see his y/n openly again.

And just like that Bruno started to get out of his room more often and he started to also love the idea of sneaking out at night to visit y/n.