Chapter 40

This was the day that y/n had to leave. And everyone of her considered family is gathered. Even the Gonzales and señor Gomez.

"Ay hijah, great  choice that you want to learn– not everyone wanted to do that. Here from my son and I, a little something to make up of all those years that you stood by Bruno even if we were awful to him." Señora Gonzales said as she handed her an obsidian colored skirt.

" I made it myself, I hope for your safe travels"

" Gracias Señora, I just have a favor to ask you" y/n said as she tighten her gripped on the skirt.

" Be there for Bruno when I'm away, no one understands him better than we do" she said as she looked at the aging woman.

" I know pequeña, we will look after him" Señora smiled and patted her head.

The other went and also bid her goodbye as they left her ribbons and embroidery sets.

Now señor Gomez was the one who gave her something.
" Mijah the Princesa of the Latina's, I hope that this necklace will be of use to you when you need it the most. Return to us safely " he said as he placed a silver necklace with an oval crescent moon shape pendant.

"Gracias señor I love it, " she said as she gave the old man a tight hug.

And soon everyone was finished and her luggage was loaded on the horse pulled wagon.

But she was still looking for someone and that someone is the one and only Bruno Madrigal. Who is alone by the river.

Lucky the group was nearby and told her of his whereabouts.

"I'm leaving and you won't even say good bye to me" she said as she sat down besides him

" I know I'm awful. But I can't bear the thought of you disappearing again after when we just reunited" he admitted as he skipped rocks po

" But I'm not going to disappear, I will only be going away to learn. And maybe find a way to explore the world." She said as she attempted to skip rocks only to fail miserably.

" You want to explore outside of the Encanto?" He asked in disbelief after all they all grew inside of Encanto and never thought of leaving it.

" Well yes, I saw this book and it has pictures and depictions of the outside world. Where there are times of the cold season where it falls of what they call snow and the ground is covered in ice. But most importantly I want to see the ocean." She exclaimed as she jump on her feet and gestured the things she saw in the book.

"but why would you want to leave the Encanto?" He asked

" Uhnmm well— I just had this dream where I was faced with a vast expanse of water and the sun will complete disappear in it's horizon. And I feel like there is something for me out there– calling" she said as she rubbed her arms.

Bruno had never felt so awful then. Of course she would say that. She is a free spirit, a soul that is meant to roam and inspire.

A child coincidentally entered the hidden world that he lived in. Of course she would feel the sense calling by her original place in the world—outside his reach.

"Bruno I have to leave now, I know you don't want this but I have to– for myself and when I come back I will everyone that I can be a part of the Encanto like anyone else and maybe you're mamá would not hate me anymore then" she said as she began to dust her self off and turned around heading to the wagon.

"Please take care of yourself, even if I will be gone for long, rest assured I will come back to you and the familia" she said as she looked at him and smiled.

Bruno stood up and walked towards her.

"Make sure to ace that school, show them you are the unrivaled Princesa of the Latina's. I will wait for the day you will return. Here take this with you. To keep you warm in cold nights" he said as he handed her a silk wrapped ruana.

"The color of spring. To signify new beginnings, be safe mí Hermosa" he said as he kissed her head.

" Gracias Bruno" she replied back as she hugged him tight.

" I guess this is goodbye for now and see you later moment. You can always sneak out and go to la casa Latina whenever you miss me. They will accept you no matter what" y/n said as she let go and got on the wagon.

As soon as the transport started to leave everyone waved and she did too.

Before they truly parted ways she shouted, " I will make you all proud of me!"

And just like that once again she is out of reach of Bruno Madrigal.