Chapter 42

" mamá I'm back!" Brillantes announced as he entered the small abode.

"Ay my little princesito, I'm in the kitchen! Come here and bring our guest" a firm but soothing voice replied.

Y/n couldn't help but feel attached to the voice, it is like she heard before  like she knew it but not fully. As they entered the kitchen, she can't help but stare at the back of a woman with long elegant dark locks.

As she turned around to greet them, it is as if time stopped and there is only them at that moment.

'her eyes they feel familiar' y/n thought as she stared at the eyes of the older woman.

The older woman suddenly walked towards her and caressed her face softly.

"What a mysterious face among the crowd. I hope you didn't encounter any wild animals heading here. Brillantes my son please guide her to her seat"  she said as she turned back once again and prepared the plates.

As the two children were seated, the older woman sat herself and served dinner.

"Go on eat, we can't keep you here for long your maestra might suspect and look for you here, I don't want many people knowing my where I live" she said as they went and eat. It was not an uncomfortable silence neither was it comfortable.

Y/n ate her fill and soon stood from her seat and went to grab her plates.

"Leave for Brillantes to clean, I want to talk to you after all you were the first kid my bonito befriended" the older woman said.

"Brillantes can you clean up please" she asked her son.

"I'm on it mamá go and talk to her" he said.

" Come y/n let's go for a short walk, the night is most special since the moon is up and bright" she said as she want to the back door.

"Uhm excuse me Señora but what should I call you, I haven't gotten your name over dinner" y/n asked as she walked a little behind the beautiful woman.

"I suppose I haven't really introduced myself, you can all me Esmeralda. Mother of Brillantes and his siblings and the wife of Hernando" she said

" Uhm Señora Esmeralda, have we met before? You look so familiar and I can't help but feel this sense of connection with you?" Y/n asked.

" Drop the Señora, and no we haven't but our time does" Esmeralda said.

" Our what??" Y/n asked as they stopped by a near by flower patch.

" I know you may not believe for what I am about to say but I met a brujo before she taught me some magia"

" I don't follow" y/n said as she looked at the woman before her.

" In life there many realities and versión. I didn't tell my son to bring you to me simply to celebrate your birthday, but to tell you something that might change the flow of your future" she said and looked back at the younger woman.

" Why do you need to do this?" Y/n asked as she feels the worry and dread that is slowly creeping in her heart.

" To bring my husband back to me, to complete my family once more" the older woman answered without hesitation.

" You shouldn't meddle with life" y/n said as she backed up a little from the woman.

" My husband is not dead merely missing of my reality and I need to disrupt yours to bring him back to me and my children" she said as she sat on the flower patch.

" Now I need you find a way out of the Encanto and never return, find your real family"  Esmeralda said towards the rattled woman.

" Real family? My family is here in the Encanto and I will never leave them!" Y/n shouted

" Did you ever wonder why Alma Madrigal hates your very existence– it's because you don't belong in her crowd. The Encanto was never your origin but outside" Esmeralda said as she stood from her spot and came face to face with the younger female.

She grabbed her face and whispered in her ear.

" You are not meant to be here, ever wonder why your beloved Bruno can't see your future" she whispered and let of the space of y/n

" Ask your familia maybe then you will believe what I'm telling you" Esmeralda said as she walked back encountering her son.

She whispered to him. " Please take her back Brillantes, it hurts to see me like this" she said as she silently went I side her house once again, hiding from the world.

As she was safely hidden in her room she can't help but let the tears drop from her orbs.

"I'm so sorry please forgive me, I need you to hurt now to have a much better future than I had. I don't want you to feel the pain of losing your Bruno since I already lost mine." She sobbed as she held out the locket that she received from Señor Gomez when she was 10.

"You looked so happy in our wedding day even if we had it in secret. You said you won't ever leave me but where are you now?" She cried as she stared at the smiling face of her husband.

"Where are you? My sun my bright morning light~ our garden is deprived of your shine, the blooms is gloomy without your voice~ please return and tell me stories once more~" she sang crying softly on her knees.

While she. Ried Brillantes could help but feel sympathy for his mother. On the other side of the room. He knew how her mother suffered when his father disappeared. He knew how hurt her mother was when she had to deliberately let her daughter forget her and her sons to save her from hurting. He knew how her abuela treated his mamá.

'i promise you mamá, everything will be better, papá hears your agony and I know you hear his. Please be patient we will be complete again' he thought to himself as  he promise to bring his family back together.

"Mamá I think it's time we head back, older brothers must be worried sick now for you" he said loudly as.

"I-i know my brilliant boy, I hope this can finally bring us back together, pack your things we will leave immediately after" she said as she composed herself and left her room.