Chapter 9

"up and down the side walk, walking down the sidewalk "

"What are you doing Hermosa?" Bruno asked as he held the small hand of y/n.

"I'm thinking of words and pairing them with melodies, I want make music just like how you make your stories, it's fun" she said as she beamed at Bruno clearly not minding the whispers the town had erupted the moment they were seen walking around.

" I see if you want any help feel free to ask" Bruno smiled back and he slowly swung their hands back and forth.

" Bruno, I hate them" " who? "

" The people talking, they always talk bad about you and I hate it" she said as she let go of his hand and started to fumble again with her light cream skirt.

Bruno crouched to her height and start to put a stray hair of her face and tucked it behind her ear.

"Niña listen to me, you shouldn't hate them okay, I'm used to it by now and as long as you are safe I'm fine" he said trying to assure her that he is fine. But what she said next froze the people nearby and even Bruno .

"But you shouldn't be used to it, I know I'm still a kid and too young to understand what they mean, but I know the things they said is not nice, if I had a gift I would make sure they see the good person you really are. I feel hurt whenever I hear them talking bad about you" she said guiltily.

"Oh Hermosa... Come on let's get going it'll be fine, I promise to stay more positive okay please don't cry"

"They are making it so hard for me to like them, they hurt you too much" she said as she hugged Bruno's neck and Bruno stood instantly carrying her.

" It's okay, come on let's finish this up so we can find you your new shoes, sì? "

" Sì, can I really pick what I want? "

" Yes Hermosa, you can and we can also buy some candy "

Reaching an agreement they went on and went to the first family that asked the vision.

Bruno set up his ritual circle and urged the man that is asking the vision to step in and hold his hand. He left y/n outside the circle to a safe distance to avoid getting sand all over her.

The mother of the said man that asked the vision went and sat down next to the girl and said the very thing y/n hated.

" You know little girl, you shouldn't be going around bad luck Bruno, he makes bad things happen" this sentence set off y/n right in the wrong places.

But she behaved as the woman continued to rant mean things toward Bruno. But when her son suddenly shouted signalling the end of the session of the vision.

Y/n saw how he was about to slap Bruno while he was kneeled clearly about to accept the anger of the man. So y/n ran as fast as she could and stopped herself in the middle of the men and received the slap.

She was hurt, her lips split but no pain can compare to how she felt when she saw how bad the people treated Bruno.

She glared at the man who was shocked at her appearance and the mother with her hand around her mouth.

"If you don't like the future he sees then maybe you should change your ways of things. If you were not satisfied then stop asking him for help! He's doing everything to make all of you proud but all you do is hurt him, I- he is not bad luck he only sees the future, he can't change them because it is not his to change!" She cried

They were stunned to what the little girl said. It was like she just lectured them. To what she said opened their eyes. It hurt them, that a mere three year old saw the truth of their misplaced judgement.

"Y/N ! ARE YOU OKAY! HERE EAT THIS QUICKLY IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER" Bruno was panicking as he wipe off the blood on her lips.

Y/n ate the healing candy Julieta made and her wounds healed exceptionally fast.

"Ay! I promise your parents you wouldn't get hurt, maybe I shouldn't have let them persuade me to let you come with me. Now your hurt and it's my fault" he kept on rambling and he didn't notice y/n shove a candy in his mouth too to stop him from rumbling on.

"I'm okay now, let go I think you shouldn't give people visions anymore. You'll only get hurt, and they don't deserve you in any way imaginable" y/n said as she looked at the mother and son who stood guilty of their actions earlier.

" Let's skip the other ones too, they won't be satisfied anyways, they never did. Let's just let them wonder of the future since they can't become mean and bad once they knew" y/n said as she took Bruno's hands and led themselves outside.

As they arrived outside the family followed and tried to talk to them only to be reprimanded by the three year old.

" Y/n-"
" Don't call me that, you hurt a especial person in my life and therefore you hurt me too, I looked up to you Señora but I'm disappointed at all of you"

Still bitter with the event that had happened y/n led Bruno around town leaving the Señora and her son to contemplate about their action.

" Are you sure nothing hurt anymore Hermosa? We can go look for my hermana she can help" Bruno said tugging her to the opposite direction that y/n was leading him.

But he was stopped by y/n who looked at him and started to pout.

"But I thought we would go and look for a new shoe for me you promised" she said as tried to trick Bruno so he wouldn't worry about her, after all she hated people when they see her cry.

Bruno managed to catch up on he secret agenda to not see Julieta just like when she was a baby.

"Sì you're right, I'm sorry I was just so worried about your beautiful face"

They then continued to head for the shoe shop and brought her a green shoe that she adores so much. That she even named it Hernando, her fearless shoe, just like the fearless character of Bruno in his telenovela.