2. Tequila & Bad Decisions

Entering my club, like a magnet my gaze finds Anaís instantly. My employee informed me she'd joined her friends here for the first time in months.

Today was her birthday and I'd spent the entire day waiting for their call. I knew she'd be here one way or another. Zayn and Kaia Jackson were regulars here and they'd drag Anaís out for every birthday or celebration. If only they knew just how grateful I was to them.

She's smiling as she dances, singing along to the genre of music they'd always insisted the DJ play.

She's as radiant as she was the first time I'd laid eyes on her.

I notice Anaís' change in body language. She senses me staring at her. That's my clever girl. Nevertheless, I continue to watch her carefully. The way her body moves as Kaia turns and wraps her arms around her neck. She smirks before leaning forward and pressing her lips to Anaís' neck.

Yup, those two have definitely hooked up before.

Heat swirls in my blood as I watch her hands run over Anaís' body viciously as they let the music take over. Clenching my fists, I try to remind myself that she's not mine. Not yet. But that knowledge is slowly disappearing from my mind. She's always been mine, even if she didn't know it yet.

"Quit staring creep" Emilio shouts in my ear, tugging me over to our VIP booth.

Shaking my head, I follow and sit in the middle of the big black booth. The table filled with various types of liquor seemingly looks more appealing as I try to shake that thought of her out of my head. I pour myself a drink before reaching for the cigarette in my pocket and lighting it.

The cherry flares as I place it between my lips and inhale. With my glass in one hand and the cigarette in the other, my eyes wander over to her involuntarily.

She tilts Kaia's head to the side then wraps her hand around hers leading her over to Zayn and then them to the bar.

Glancing at Emilio who has three girls all over him I say, "Have the bartender let my future bride know that her bill is covered." He groans, and I look away letting him know I have no patience for his non-compliant ass. He says something to the girls before making his way over to the bar.

I barely take notice when he returns, my eyes still glued to Anaís. Her smile lights up the entire room as she mingles with everyone around her, giving them her undivided attention. It was at that moment I knew I'd wanted to kill anyone who got to witness it.

Her eyes move to me, the same heart-warming smile on her face when the bartender points in my direction. I sit up in the chair and raise my drink to her before placing the glass to my lips and looking at her over the rim.

Leaning back in my seat I can't help but bask in her beauty, the LED lights shining on her more when she turns to face her friends. I watch through hooded eyes as she finishes her drink making her way over to me with Zayn and Kaia trailing behind. My eyes trail her body from head to toe, her thick yet toned thighs as she makes her way up the stairs, the long black hair I so eagerly want to wrap my fist around, her melanated skin glistening no doubt smooth as hell, the outfit she wore perfectly molded to her thick curvy body and her face, her beautiful face that'd make angels cry.

If I didn't know any better I'd think she was a Greek goddess. She looks like heaven and hell, the most dangerous blessing.

I sit up noticing the way she watches me as carefully as I am her. All I want to do is pull her to me and run my fingers along her rosy cheeks.

"Thank you for the drinks. I'm Anaís and this is Zayn and Kaia." She holds a hand out to me and I take it as I stand, placing a soft kiss on her knuckles.

Christ even her hand smells amazing.

"Please have a seat, all of you. If you don't mind that is," She turns to face the twins communicating something with their eyes before turning around with a smile and nodding before she moves to sit next to me hesitantly. I can tell this is something she isn't used to and with two large men watching your every move I wouldn't doubt she'd be out of her comfort zone.

I lean forward placing my drink on the table. "I'm Grey, Grey Valentino & this is my cousin Emilio."

"Valentino? As in-" she stops herself as she sees the smirk on my face. "Your establishment is beautiful, and I think these two can tell you themselves how much they love it here as they're here most nights,"

"Thank you, I guess I'll have to secure their own private booth with drinks then?"

"I'm holding you to that mister muscles," Kaia says pointing a finger at me. Emilio chuckles and Zayn nods agreeing with his sister's statement.

"Don't worry, he keeps his promises. Might be the biggest pain in my ass but he does," Emilio says.

A few minutes go by of us all just talking and getting to know each other as much as we can as we listen to the music and continue sipping on our drinks and taking shots. Their company has been like a breath of fresh air. It's so easy, not like the conversations I have with anyone else in my family.

Other than Emilio and Mariano, my best friend who is in Italy right now training the new recruits, I didn't care for conversation with others. My family members were a lot of things and loving was not one of them. Well, that is except for Emilio's and my mom's. They're twins and although the many hateful people they're surrounded by they've never been anything but chipper and loving.

Our fathers are cousins and were the complete opposite of our moms. And if it weren't for the marriage contract their parents put in place when they were no more than seven years old, they'd never go for one another.

Her face lights up as they converse with one another, with another shot of tequila she grabs me by the hand and leads me onto the dancefloor.

Still holding my hand, she turns around, her ass pressing against my dick as she whines to the music. I'd never be caught dead doing this any other time, but I'll make an exception for her and her only. My body moves in sync with hers, alcohol coursing through our veins. She tilts her head back her hazel eyes peering up at me.

And time stops.

She's the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on.

It's taking everything in me not to throw her over my shoulder and run away. I want her. No. I need her.

Ever since I met her three years ago at her first fashion show I knew she'd be the end of who I was. Suddenly I wanted to change for her, be better just for her. I was willing to be whatever she wanted me to be and I'd do whatever she asked, even if it meant betraying everyone in my family.

I'd made up my mind that day that I was willing to die if it meant she'd smile that beautiful smile at me. I'd lose everything, but not her. Leave my family, money, status, everything.

Mariano and Emilio laughed at my constant need to see her, even if it was from afar. Doing everything to give her the space I thought she needed but also always being an onlooker until it was a perfect time. I hated the fact that I couldn't fall asleep and wake up to her, but I was destined to change that.

I remembered every inch of her after our first meeting, but she didn't remember me at all.

And the only times we came in contact after that were once at the bakery to which I quickly left when she'd bumped into me and a night at one of the trafficking houses.

The invitation on the dark web came through two days before and I'd organized a team immediately. But to my surprise, she was already there. Covered in blood and by herself as she killed the last middle-aged man.

She'd dressed so no one would recognize her, but I did and after fighting my dick not to hop over and drop at her feet I'd walked over to a frustrated Anaís cursing Zayn over the earpiece she wore. Then she cursed me in Spanish before mumbling something about us almost ruining her mission; even though there was nothing to ruin.

Unlike the sweet soft demeanor, she put on for others, that night I'd seen a different side to her. I'd seen the fire in her eyes all those years ago and I'd finally found out just how hot that fire was.

I bring her hair to one side of her neck as we continue to dance. She's all I ever wanted. And nothing would come in the way of me having her.