11. Star

He stands above me, my body covered in blood. An evil laugh ripping through his throat, echoing through the empty white room. I search for Xile, but she's nowhere to be found. "Have you learnt your lesson yet hija?" his words hitting me like a truck. Tears running down my face I crawl away from him frantically. The cuts on my body stinging as I try to drag my body away from him as fast as possible. I try to stand up, but I'm knocked to the ground from behind. "Not so fast mijita."

My eyes snap open, my body covered in a cold sweat, I'm screaming but I can't hear anything. My heart feels like it's about to jump out of my chest. grey is on his knees beside me as he holds me up running his hand down my shoulder and cheek. He's speaking but I can't hear him, I can't breathe, it feels like someone has their foot on my throat. My hands shake as the blood pounds in my ears, my vision switching from being blurry to not being able to see anything at all.

"Anaís!"

"Anaís!"

The voice getting more and more prominent.

"Anaís, breathe. Please breathe, I need you to breathe." He says rubbing my back. I take a deep breath as I try to calm down. He nods his head, "Yes, just like that, in and out."

After a while of just breathing and trying to relax my nerves, I feel the tears escape my eyes, running down my face. He holds me against his body, and I cry, after years of not doing so, I cry. I pull away as I feel his shirt is soaked. "What happened? Are you okay?" he asks looking at me with nothing but worry covering his features. "No, never mind you don't have to tell me right now. Just let me know you're okay."

"I'm okay, and I want to tell you. I think it's time." I take a deep breath in. "My nightmare was about my parents. I was physically and mentally abused by them up until I took Xile and ran away when I was sixteen. I've raised her as my own since she was two, hence why she calls me 'mom or mami/mama' my father was the leader of the Colombian Mafia, and my mother was Jamaican and Honduran. Camilo and Evelyn Hernandez. We met Zayn and Kaia the first couple of months after we ran away. They took us back to their house and their mom helped us change our last name to our mother's maiden name. She offered to adopt us, but I refused and told her that Xile was my responsibility. I don't know how she did it but, we got all new passports and birth certificates, and I was named Xile's adoptive mother at eighteen."

He pulls me to his chest, "I'm sorry you both went through that." I cry a bit more as he holds me. I get up and take a hot shower trying to clear my mind. I slip back into bed and snuggle in his arms. Why now, why am I having nightmares all of a sudden again. I haven't had one in years. Is this the universe's way of telling me I'll never be happy?

"It's okay baby, they're not here." He says rubbing my back.

Yea, if only he knew how 'not here' they are...

I drift off to sleep for a couple of hours and I wake to Grey looking down at me, his eyes red from lack of sleep. "How are you, my love?"

"I'm okay. Please tell me you didn't stay up the rest of the night." He doesn't need to say anything, I already have my answer.

My phone rings and I pick it up, it's the car dealership letting me know the car is on its way, I let them know where to park it and get out of bed to wake the twins up. We didn't give her the gifts we got her yesterday because we wanted to give them all at once.

After gathering all the gifts in the living room, we go back to our rooms and change into more suitable clothes to go downstairs as we're all in our nightwear.

I enter Xile's room to find her watching some Turkish drama Grey introduced her to. He's going to be pissed when he finds out she's watching without him. "Good morning sunshine," she pauses the tv, "Good morning mama," she smiles. "How'd you sleep?"