25. It's Just Us

The private restaurant isn't far from our home. Dinner went by quickly. I don't know if it actually did or if that's just my nerves.

My palms are sweaty, my legs bounce constantly, and I can't stop checking my phone to make sure everything is running smoothly.

"Baby, is everything okay?"

"Let's dance, hm?" I say as I stand and hold my hand out to her. She takes it and I lead her out to the balcony. It's filled with her favorite flowers and scented candles.

"Peonies!" she yells and stomps her feet happily. She runs over to the flowers hung along the glass railing. I walk slowly toward her as I watch her carefully.

She runs her hand over them before she bends and nuzzles her face in, smelling them. I stand behind her and she turns to me, "They're the prettiest little things, aren't they?"

"I beg to differ," I say as I cup her cheek and smile down at her. I push her hair behind her ear and grab the peony sitting in my back pocket.

I bring it in between us, "Where did you get that?"

"Magic," I say, and she slaps my hand that caresses her cheek. I place it behind her ear and press our noses together before kissing her softly.

The waves crashed against each other below us as the song started playing. I pull her to my chest, and we dance to bachata just like we did on our first date. We danced for a while until eventually we just swayed and held each other close.

I looked down into her gorgeous eyes as I cradled her face.

The moonlight shined on her highlighting her features and the cold wind blew her long silky black hair in her face. I pushed the hair away and pressed our lips together.

'Him & I' by Halsey & G-Eazy started playing lowly in the background.

"Anaís Solana, I love you. I've loved you for as long as I can remember. You're the face I want to see each morning when I wake, the one I want to hold against my chest as I drift off to sleep. Since the day you bewitched me with these beautiful hazel eyes, I've been yours and I knew one day you'd be mine. When I'm in your presence, it feels like my rib cage is piercing through my lungs. When I'm not, the mere thought of you clouds my mind and I can't function. I promise I will love you forever, I will protect you and Xile until I draw my dying breath."

I got down on one knee and opened the small black box as I watched the tears slip from her eyes onto her rosy cheeks. I wanted nothing more than to wipe them away.

"Anaís, my angel, the most beautiful Yildiz in the galaxy. Will you please do me the honor of marrying me?" I concluded.

She lowered herself onto her haunches and pressed her palm to my cheek. She smiled, "Yes, yes. A million times yes!" she said her voice breaking.