33. Tears & Confessions

After we all ate, drank, and ate some more, Grey held me by the hand and took me into the house.

He let go of my hand and grabbed my ass. I looked back to make sure no one saw us as we made our way to the stairs.

He pulled me to his chest and brushed my hair out of my face, "I love you"

"I love you," I whispered as I lifted myself onto my tip toes.

The front doors opened, and I turned around when I saw Grey's expression.

"Whom the fuck invited you?" Grey spat as he wrapped his fingers around my wrist and pulled me behind him. I rubbed his arm soothingly, sensing the animosity pouring out of him.

"I didn't know I needed an invitation to my own son's house."

"I am not your son!" Grey yelled, "You have never acted like a father or just a decent human being and I don't expect you to now. So, get the fuck out of my house or this will be the last house you ever enter."

"Son don't-" Grey's father started.

Grey charged forward, "Son? Was I your son when you let prostitutes have their way with me?"

His father blinked dumbfoundedly as he looked in the direction of the kitchen. I followed his gaze to his wife who stood not far away, a million emotions and thoughts written on her face and in her sage eyes she and Grey had in common.

Grey grabbed onto his father's collar and pulled him up onto his tiptoes, "Answer me! Look me in my eyes and answer me!" he yelled.

"Chiara," Giovanni called out as she stepped forward.

Grey looked over his shoulder and he let go once he saw his mother. She raised her hand and slapped her husband across the face. "Leave," she said calmly.

"Amore, I'm sorry," he said as he grabbed her arm.

"Get your filthy hands off of me!" she said sternly as she turned around and yanked her arm away. As she started to walk away, he stepped forward and placed his hand on her shoulder, "Just listen to me," he pleaded.

With her fists balled and her jaw clenched she turned around and slammed them into his chest. "Leave!" she said pounding into his chest repeatedly. "Vattene, o almeno aiutami Dio, ti ucciderò io stesso." (Get the fuck out or so help me God I will kill you myself)

"I love you, please don't do this." He said as she pushed him out of the door. "Guards, take this man away." She said, and without another word, she slammed it in his face.

All I could do was keep looking in the backyard, making sure no one saw or heard what was happening. I highly doubted it though, the music was way too loud. We didn't need any more drama adding to what happened last time.

For a moment, Chiara pressed her forehead onto the door and took deep breaths before turning with tears in her eyes. She walked forward and cupped Grey's cheek in her hand, "I'm sorry caro, I'm so sorry." She cried and Grey wiped her tears away.

"You have nothing to be sorry for mamma, you didn't know. I'm fine, please forget about it and enjoy the rest of your evening. It is irrelevant now."

"But-"

"Please, for me." he smiled, and she nodded. They hugged and told each other I love you before she walked away reluctantly as she glanced at him over her shoulder.

Grey rolled his shoulders back and huffed. I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around his torso from behind, "Are you okay?" I spoke into his back.

"As long as you're with me."