37. Limitless

I didn't know how to help her, help us.

It was a feeling I'd become all too accustomed to these past weeks.

God, I hated everything about this. But most of all I hated seeing her cry. I'd do anything not to see her cry ever again.

She pressed her palm to her heart as she took deep breaths with her eyes closed.

Taking the opportunity, I stalked towards her and encased her body in my arms.

She fought against my hold and screamed. With her fists balled, she pounded on my chest and pushed me back.

Her shaking hand came up to her mouth as she stepped back, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to" she said as her voice broke.

I stepped forward and grabbed her wrists bringing them up to my chest. "Hit me," I said looking dead into her tear-filled eyes.

"N-no, I won't. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She said frantically and I stopped her as I pressed my palm to her cheek.

"Hit me again Ana, have at it. Give me all of your anger, frustrations, and fears, I can handle it."

Tears roll out of her red eyes uncontrollably as she rests her forehead on my chest, her fists tightening. "I'm sorry," she whispered before she slammed her fists into my chest. I held onto her hips as she pounded into me, filling the room with cries and screams.

She fisted my shirt and pulled onto it, slowly lowering herself to the ground as she sobbed. Her hands drop to her sides weakly and I drop to my knees in front of her.

I lift her and pull her onto my lap. She settles on my chest and wraps her arm around my neck as she sobs loudly.

I take deep breaths trying my hardest to hold back the tears. I let her cry and release all of her frustrations as I rubbed her back and wiped the tears that fell down my face.

We sat in silence for a while after she stopped crying, the only sound being heard was the heavy rain as it pounded against the glass.

She was the strongest woman I'd ever known and to witness her heart completely break, made me devastated.

Eventually, I lifted her as I stood, and I lay in bed with her on top of me. I played in her hair as she traced the tattoos on my chest with her finger.

She sat up so she was straddling my thigh and I quickly wiped the tears away from my face. "I love you," she whispered as she leaned forward and wiped another tear that fell.

"I love you too", he said, only he didn't know just how much those words meant to me

"I love you too", he said, only he didn't know just how much those words meant to me. With him, by my side, I knew we'd get through anything that life threw at us.

Another tear slipped out of his eyes, and I pushed his hand away as he went to wipe it away.

It broke me more than anything to see him cry.