35. Red Everywhere

After my nightmare last night, Grey held me in his arms as I cried and tried to regain my composure. To say I was terrified would be an understatement.

I trembled in his arms until eventually, I fell asleep again in the comfort and support he provided.

When I woke up in the morning, I made an effort not to wake grey as I got out of bed. I washed my face and brushed my teeth before I changed into something appropriate.

I tip-toed around the room to find his keys. After a few minutes with no luck, I'd begun to give up until I stepped on his sweatpants that were thrown on the floor.

I bent down and shoved my hand into his pockets. I wrapped my fingers around them so they wouldn't make any noise. I held them tightly in my fist as I grabbed my purse off of the bench in front of our bed. I opened and closed the door slowly making sure not to make any noise. It was around 9 am and no one had woken up yet, too tired from the events of the last 24 hours.

I honestly didn't know how I was functioning.

I went out through the front door and ran to the car quickly.

The sun was bright as the birds chirped. I turned the a/c up and pulled out of the driveway. Remembering Grey's pestering about wearing my seatbelt, I clipped it on. As usual, my phone was already connected to the Bluetooth and immediately played my playlist on shuffle.

'Cry Baby' by Melanie Martinez blasted through the speakers as I sped down the road. I rolled down the windows and sang along to the song like I didn't have a care in the world.

Not long after, I pulled up to the front of the warehouse. I grabbed my phone from the cupholder and removed the seatbelt. As I was about to open the door, it was opened for me.

"Good morning cap..." the man stepped back and bowed, "Good morning, regina."

"Good morning, there's no need to bow. What's your name?" I said stepping out of the car.

"Xavi, mia regina."

"Well Xavi, would you like to be my sparring partner?"

"I'd be honored, but does Mr. Valentino know about this?"

I nodded.

Lie.

"After you then." He smiled and stepped aside so I could walk past him.

As I entered the warehouse everyone stopped what they were doing and bowed. I greeted them and Xavi led me into a glass room.

He handed me the black gauze and I wrapped my hands with it. I took off my sneakers and placed my phone inside.

I cracked my neck as I moved to the center of the room.

"Don't go easy on me now," I said as he joined me. "I'm tougher than I look."

I lunged forward and he fell to the ground. "Come on, I'm pretty sure you can do better than that. We have an audience, let's give them a show." I said motioning towards everyone that surrounded the glass room.

I came here to let off some steam and that's exactly what I was going to do. One way or another, even if I had to fight everyone in here until I was satisfied.

I helped him up and we began. After he'd tapped out, I called four more men in as I was far from finished.

After three of them were down, I jumped on another, pushing him onto his stomach. I bent his arm behind his back and pushed it up. He yelled out in pain, and I jumped off of him as I saw one of the others making their way behind me.