10. My Perfect Date

I'm woken from my slumber, it's still dark out and Grey is standing over me. he runs his hand through my hair. "Sit up my love, let's go for a drive."

"What time is it?" I ask fighting to stay awake.

"It's 4 am, I'm sorry for waking you up so early but can I take you somewhere?" I nod my head and he lifts me in his arms. I brush my teeth as he searches through my suitcase. He helps me put on a pair of sweats and carries me out to the car on his back. I'm in between sleep as he tries to keep me awake on the drive.

The car stops and he opens my door, "We're here baby, do you want me to carry you?" I shake my head and hold his hand as I step down. The sound of waves crashing against each other, the smell of sea salt almost suffocating, birds and crickets chirping surrounding us as my eyes widen.

He remembered.

On our first date, he asked me what my perfect date would look like, and it was this. A morning walk on the beach in the arms of my lover, waves crashing as the sun rose and sand settle between my toes.

"You remembered," I smile as he holds my hand leading me down the path.

"Of course, I did my love. You deserve every bit of happiness this world has to offer, and I want to be the one who gives it to you." I snuggle into his arm as we walk side by side. "Let me clip your hair up so it doesn't get tangled."

He clips my hair in a low bun using my clip that has taken up residence on his wrist. As we reach the sand, we take our shoes off and he holds both of them in his hands.

The sand is damp, the breeze fanning across my face as we head to walk along the shore. We do for a bit and then he lays a blanket down. I sit in between his legs, his arms around me as we watch the sun start to rise. "What are your plans for today?" he asks.

"I'm taking Xile and the twins to the spa while you and Emilio do business but that's it," I say as I turn my body to face him.

"That's nice, I'll arrange a driver for you guys."

"You don't have to; we can take an uber."

"No, I insist. Close your eyes, Amore Mio." (My love)

I scrunch my face at him confused but I cover my eyes with my hands. I hear shuffling and I open my fingers slightly trying to see what he's doing but he stops. "I can see you peeking, you're not slick. Close them." I roll my eyes and shut them. "Open."

I open my eyes and he's holding a white box in front of me. "Damn, you want to marry me already?" I ask trying to hold back my laugh. "Shut up and open it," he says putting the box in my hand.

I open it and there's a pair of diamond earrings with a matching necklace. I smile looking up at him before wrapping my arms around him and almost making him fall over. I hate receiving gifts, but this was different; it was him.

He looks down at me, his eyes filled with nothing but calmness and adoration. "Do you like it?" He asks curiously.

"I do, thank you." I kiss his cheek and pull away.

"Anything for you. Let me help you put it on." He says, his hand brushing my cheek. I turn, my back facing him, I lift my hair a little and he hooks the necklace around my neck.

I put the earrings in and turn to face him again. "Thank you, baby, I really do love it."

"I'm so happy you do."

"Xile has been asking to get a tattoo for a while. Now, I'm thinking of surprising her later today. I might get some more as well."

"What do you have in mind?" I pull out my phone and show him some ideas, "She wants this matching tattoo, but it's in Italian, can you confirm what it means please?" he nods, and I show him the tattoo. "It means 'Together Forever' I'll have my tattoo artist come to your house when we return tonight." He stands and holds his hand out for me, "Let's go in the water."