45. First Glance

Anaís had been acting sneakier than usual these past few weeks and after confronting her about it I learned we had a baby on the way, so why did I feel like she was hiding something else as well?

Don't get me wrong, it was the most exhilarating feeling finding out I'd be a father and she'd be the mother to my child, and it was even more so when we found out we'd been blessed with not just one, but two babies. Hearing their heartbeats for the first time was an experience out of this world. And I couldn't imagine doing this with any other person than her.

I thought about hacking her phone and socials but she's too smart for that and knows I'd be looking. There wasn't anything I couldn't hack into, and she knew that.

I even went as far as to put a tracker in her car, but that didn't work either because she found it and sent me a selfie of her holding it as she smiled sweetly. The little shit even made it her mission only to wear the necklace I'd bought her with the tracker inside at home.

And no matter how many times I reasoned with her to stay home, rest, and let me cater to her every need, she was always on the go. Always taking secret calls and going the extra mile so I wouldn't find out what she was up to. But knowing the sweet little devil, it would come out sooner or later, so I decided to wait patiently until she decided to fess up.

But all those years of waiting for her made my patience run thin. Still, I'd do it a million times over as long as I got to hold her in my arms.

If I'm being honest...it was killing me.

Not that I needed to control every aspect of her life. I just hated that she felt she couldn't talk to me about things. And even though we agreed not to hide things about our well-being or feelings, it still scared me that she was.

She constantly said she was going to pamper herself or work, but I knew exactly when she was lying. The little wriggling of her toes was an automatic giveaway but what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her. And I don't know how many massages and salon appointments she thought she could get away with lying about.

She's one lucky little bastard, though, because I've been just as busy with the mafia and my multiple businesses.

One night, I didn't make it home, and it almost drove me insane. After that, I held a meeting letting Emilio and Mariano know they'd need to take on more roles as my duty to my wife would always take precedence over anything other. She might not be my wife on paper yet, but we'd rectify that soon.

Or so, that's what I thought. She refused to get married while she was pregnant, even though she wasn't showing as yet. I found that weird but what my Yildiz wants, she gets.

I honestly don't think I could go another six months without her being known as Ms. Valentino but what can I say, she's the boss.

As I woke up, I noticed she wasn't laying on my chest or anywhere on the bed. The absent puddle of drool usually on my chest was a clear sign. I called her name but got no answer. Stretching as I rubbed my eyes, I got out of bed and entered the bathroom to brush my teeth and rid myself of all visible signs of sleep.

Opening our room door, I made my way down the hall just as a message pinged on my phone.

My Yildiz: Good Morning my handsome boy, you're home alone but don't freak out I'll lead you to me. And before you ask, yes, Xile and the babies and I have already eaten.

My Yildiz: And of course, it was that nasty green shit you and Xile like to force us with. Our babies aren't happy at all with how you treat us.

Me: Günaydin aşkım, what are you up to? And you know I wouldn't force you to unless it was for your good. Where are you, I need to kiss all four of my babies. (Good Morning love)