Home pt 10

I woke up to the sound of soft cries. I jumped out of my bed and looked over at Chris who was crying.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. I didn't even grab my sling. I came over and sat on the bed. I held his hand gently.

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

"Umm. I'm just overthinking." Chris said and rubbed his lips together. He looked up to try to stop the tears.

I came closer and softly rubbed his tears. He held my hand on his cheek and I gave him a nervous smile.

He smiled back.

I looked in his now red eyes.

"The drugs are definitely almost out of my body. Or at least I'm coming to reality." He whispered.

"That's okay. There's definitely emotions involved. Don't feel like you have to hide them." I said softly, caressing his cheek.

Chris kissed my hand and looked in my eyes.

"Thank you for being here." He whispered. "For always being here."

"I'm always gonna be here for you. You're my husband." I whispered.

"I feel like such a burden. I feel like I let you down." Chris said. He sobbed again and I got into the bed.

I pressed the button to put the bed up a bit and Chris continued crying. I grabbed my favorite blanket that Scarlett had brought me and laid it on Chris. I rested my body against the bed and pulled Chris onto my chest.

"Please say something." Chris whispered.

"You aren't a burden. What happened wasn't your fault. You couldn't do anything and I'm not mad at you. This doesn't change my love for you. If anything it helped it flourish. You're my soulmate, my best friend, and my husband. I love you so much. I'm not gonna leave you. You did not let me down. If anything I'm so proud of you. You stayed strong. If this happened to me I honestly wouldn't have been this good. You're so strong." I whispered.

Chris rubbed up and down my waist softly. His shaky hands caressed me.

I picked up his hand and intertwined mine with his.

Chris started silently sobbing again.

"I love you so much." He said through tears. "I'm so lucky."

"I'm lucky to have you" I whispered.

Chris lifted the blanket on the both of us. I smiled at him and kissed his head.

"Can you sleep here?" Chris asked softly. He looked up at me with his glossy eyes.

"Of course." I said. He smiled and laid back with me.

"Thank you y/n." He said.

"Only you babe." I whispered.

{2 days later}

"Alright. You good to go?" I asked Chris. We had just gotten off the plane in Boston.

"Yeah, I just wanna see our baby girl" Chris said.

"Me too. God I miss her so much." I whispered. Chris smiled at me.

He had worn his hat and sunglasses. His face had a bit of scruff on it now.

Chris pointed out Scott's car as we walked out of the airport. We both walked over and Scott came out. He went racing to Chris.

I watched as Scott held his brother tighter than I ever saw.

"I fucking hate you for scaring me." Scott said. Chris set his bag down and hugged his brother tight.

"I love you. I don't say it enough." Chris whispered.