Boston pt 30

I woke up to the feeling of Chris pulling me into his body. I squeezed my eyes tighter and came to my senses a bit.

"Mmmm."

"Sorry." He said. "I didn't want to wake you."

I smiled softly as his big hand went under my shirt and cupped one of my breasts.

"You're waking me even more Evans." I whispered.

He chuckled and kissed my cheek.

"One year since it happened huh?" He asked.

"Chris... why are you really up at four am?"

"I had another nightmare. I didn't want to wake you up but you said to wake you up whenever I have one." He said.

I hummed in agreement.

"You're lucky we have the day off tomorrow cause I'm so tired." I whispered. "But are you okay after the dream?"

"It's the same old shit. Hayley gets out of prison on bail, kidnaps either you or Mariana. Even me again sometimes" he said.

I rubbed his arm lightly.

"Honey it's not gonna happen. We're safe here." I said.

"I know. I just think sometimes. Or like I get like weird phantoms. Like her touching me and stuff." He said.

I looked out the window in front of me and sighed. My lips formed into a small line.

"I wish it didn't happen to you." I whispered.

He sighed and rested his forehead on the back of my head.

"I can't change the past." He whispered. "But if it wasn't for you...."

"Stop saying that." I whispered.

He took his head off of mine.

"Why?" He asked, sounding a little annoyed and confused.

"Because I can't have that over my head that I saved your life I really can't." I said.

"It's not like a thing to keep over your head. But y/n you've got to be kidding me if you say you don't believe that. If you didn't find me at that exact time.... Imagine five minutes later. The drugs would've kicked in more and I would've died. You did save me." He said.
"And I haven't talked about it much until now because I'm finally comfortable talking about it. It could always haunt me but I could also use it as positivity for others. I'm here today because of you."

I sighed and blinked the tears away. I couldn't imagine being in this house by myself. I couldn't imagine raising mar. I couldn't imagine dodger without Chris because dodger wouldn't be able to live.

Chris sensed it and moved his hand down to my waist and pulled me in more. Both of his arms wrapped around me and he held me as close as he could to his body.

"I can't imagine my life without you." I whispered as I put my arms over his.

"I'm here because of you." He whispered. I nodded lightly.

"Yeah." I said. I rested my head on his chest more. He chuckled and kissed my head.

I smiled softly and snuggled up with him. He was so warm.

"Get some rest babe." I whispered.

"You too." He said. I pulled away a little to get on my side of the bed but he pulled me back in. I chuckled.

"You're not going anywhere." He said and wrapped a leg around me.

I hummed in agreement.

And with that I drifted off to sleep.