Trip pt 27

I woke up to the sound of Mariana crying. I opened my eyes but Chris was already out of bed.

I groaned and shifted my body. Chris came in with a whimpering Mariana.

"See? Mommy is here." Chris whispered. He sat on the bed with Mariana and she held onto Chris.

"Hi babe." I said.

She giggled at me. I looked at Chris.

"Good morning." I said softly.

"Morning." He whispered. He kissed my head and set Mariana on the bed.

"Mama." She said and carefully walked over to me, falling on my body.

"Hi Mar." I said. She giggled.

Chris sat down on the bed and I sat up with mar.

"Has she eaten?" I asked.

"Yeah she had breakfast and a bottle," he said.

"How much longer have I been sleeping?" I asked.

"Like an hour, you're fine though." He said.

I looked at him and he smiled at me. It wasn't a full smile but it was just enough to tell me that it was okay.

Chris's phone rang and he picked it up.

"Hey... yeah no we're fine....Mhm....yes New York perfect....shes probably gonna stay here....they want an audition from me or both of us.... Okay...yeah bye." Chris hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" I asked as I brushed my fingers through mars hair. She needed it cut. Her curly hair was getting to be in her face.
"You wanna grab me that brush?" I asked, pointing to the nightstand. He grabbed me her little brush and hairties.

"It's was Megan." Chris said.

"What did she need?" I asked.

"There's a tv show that apparently we are being asked to star in." Chris said.

"Oh?" I said.

"It's a show called defending jacob. She said she's gonna send in the script just so we can have a look through. She said there's also a book." He said.

"Yeah I've read it. Who does she want us to be?" I asked.

"Uhhh Andy and Laurie? Yeah." He said.

"Ohhh so the mains. I wanna read the script but I think I'm down." I said.

"Sweet." He said. I put Mariana's hair into two little bunnies.

Chris's eyes lit up as I showed him.

"She's so damn cute. You're the cutest!" Chris said as he picked her up. She squealed and laughed.

I chuckled at the two of them as he danced around the room with her.

Chris came back and sat down next to me. I put my head on his shoulder and looked at our daughter.

"Saving grace I tell you." I said.

"Mmm. She's the best." He said.

"Not me?" I asked sarcastically.

"You then her. Then dodgie then Scott and Sebastian. Then my mom and dad and siblings." Chris said, on and on.

I laughed. "You have your priorities straight I guess."

"You know it." He said and chuckled.

I felt so good for a split second. We were getting there.