liv. baby mountain goats

CHAPTER LIV
baby mountain goats

ONCE IT WAS TIME TO GET BACK ONTO THE BUS, all of the students had rushed into the vehicle, eager to arrive at Prague already

Noah was slowly walking down the aisle of the bus, some of his classmates squeezing past him as he attempted to find a vacant seat to sit in.

Then, all of a sudden, he felt a hand tightly grip around his wrist.

He flinched ever so slightly, not quite expecting such a sudden touch. He then whipped his head around, now halted within his footsteps.

Peter was stood right there, finally making a reappearance after going into that bar. He shot a nervous smile at Noah, his expression and features slightly tense.

Noah figured that something was wrong. He slightly tilted his head to the side and returned the smile, not wanting to question anything just yet.

"Noah, uh, hi!" Peter breathed. "Do you- Do you wanna sit with me?"

Noah was already puzzled, but he didn't want to question anything just yet. He slowly nodded his head, peering over Peter's shoulder every now and then.

"Uh, yeah, sure." He said, his words slow.

"Great!"

As Peter spoke, he dragged Noah towards a row of seats they were standing next to. He sat down at the window seat, his legs messily pulled up to his chest.

Still holding onto Noah's wrist, he firmly pulled Noah down and onto the other seat, practically sweating with anxiousness at this point.

Noah was swept off his feet, Peter pulling him onto the seat. He smiled nervously, definitely knowing that something was wrong with Peter now.

"Are you okay, Peter?" He asked with a breathy chuckle.

Peter's chocolate brown eyes widened at that comment. His mouth agape, he didn't even react for a minute or two, his body slightly stunned.

"I- I am completely fine, Noah." He assured. "Don't worry about me."

"Well, I'm kind of worried about you since I lo-"

Noah immediately cut himself off. He almost let the truth slip out right then and there. His face now as red as a tomato, he blinked rapidly, smiling brightly in order to cover his embarrassment up.

"Since I care about you." He eventually finished his sentence off.

Peter seemed to grow flustered by that comment. His cheeks slightly red, he continued to hold onto Noah's wrist, not seeming to want to let go just yet.

Before anything else could even happen, the duo were quickly interrupted by Brad. He had decided to step on in, standing right by the row of seats they were both sat in.