Completely Clueless

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

It was a feeling I couldn't describe.

Standing completely still at the entrance to the living room while my husband spoke to a ghost.

Not how my Saturday's usually go, but as of recently, it really shouldn't surprise me.

"Scorpius" Draco said wearily. He was careful and I could tell he didn't know what to do. He didn't believe what he was seeing which made me even more on edge "How did you—get in here"

"Pippy let me in" he said simply, looking at us like we were the crazy ones "I know I shouldn't really be here but I didn't expect you all to react like this. Is it because of what I did? I'm just here to apologise and get out of your life's"

"Mum! Lorenzo has the—" Elora came running up beside me but immediately clutched onto my arm as she saw what we were staring at "Uh—mum?"

"I know" I whispered "Just go upstairs"

"Hey, El" Scorpius gave her a warm smile. I still couldn't believe what I was seeing. This wasn't Scorpius, it couldn't be. He wasn't acting like Scorpius and Scorpius is...

Scorpius is dead.

"You look so grown up" he commented "How old are you now? 13? 14?"

"I'm—" she stuttered. She didn't know what to say, neither of us did "I'm 14" she replied shortly.

"Go upstairs" I whispered to her.

"Don't have to tell me twice" she stepped back slowly and then once out of sight, I heard her hurried steps up the stairs.

"You guys need to tell me what's going on" he said "I thought I was the crazy one" he joked casually. Why was he being so casual? How is he being so casual?

"When did you get out?" Draco asked. His stance had softened since before but I could tell he was still alert and not letting his guard down anytime soon.

"3 days ago" he replied "Got out on good behaviour and was cleared by the prison psychiatric officer" he looked as though he'd put his guard up now. Like we were the ones he should be afraid of.

Maybe he was right.

"No" I shook my head. It probably wasn't my place to intervene but I couldn't just stand here "You died two weeks ago"

"What?" He slowly blinked and then laughed as tho I was joking "Died? I know it's a fantasy of yours but I didn't think you'd just come out and say it"

"No, no" Draco sighed "She's right. Scorpius you died. Right in front of us nearly two weeks ago. Jumped of Hogwarts Astronomy tower"

"No I didn't" he breathed slowly "I'm standing right here" he gestured to his body. He looked different, well put together. His hair still white and neatly placed, his new clothes clean and face unmarked.

"Draco. Can I talk to you?" I finally took my eyes off 'Scorpius' for the first time and glanced up at Draco. He was already looking at me.

"Stay here" he said to Scorpius before walking towards me. I grabbed onto his hand and followed as he led us into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry, but what the fuck?" I pressed my back against the wall and looked out of the kitchen door to see Scorpius sitting innocently on the couch.

"It can't be him" Draco shook his head "We watched him jump off the tower. I fucking saw his lifeless body on the ground. This has to be an illusion charm or poly juice"

Think logically.

"But what if it's not" I look back towards Draco and he held a look of disbelief.

"What do you mean 'But what if it's not' it clearly is Anna. He's dead" Draco said as if it was obvious but what if what we saw on the tower was just an illusion.