Chapter 3

"Never fucking mess with my daughter, you understand you pathetic little tw*t" And so, the glass bottle shattered on her arms as well as on the floor, followed by a shriek.

Grayd stood in front of the nearly lifeless body and went to grab another bottle before a hand grabbed him by the arm, stopping him from any continuous abuse.

"That's enough, Grayd. She could die if this continues." Molly, Morrius's wife, held Grayd by the arm.

"She fucking raised her whore hands on my beautiful daughter and no one ever raises a finger on the best assassin we have!" Grayd yelled to Molly's face, in which she didn't even flinch a little. "No one ever raises their hands or look eye to eye with a Lude"

"Your daughter is an assassin, she shouldn't be intimidated by a weakling. Now why are you throwing a tantrum for your little princess if she is the 'best' female in history?" Molly snapped, making Ayla's eyes widen. Molly was supporting her? She was taking her side? Her? Ayla?

Grayd's eyes widen, an unexpected statement from the sister-in-law that he respects the most. He doesn't really give a damn about his brother, Morrius. He can wag his tail all he wants. But when it comes to Molly, he's a tame puppy. It probably because he still believes the traditions. The god damn traditions.

It's a tradition that the Ludes belief that the women of the rulers are to be respected. They are considered goddesses. Their words are considered the sayings of a God and they mustn't be ignored. Well, since Ayla isn't a Lude by blood, so they could do whatever they want to her. Including turning her into a punching bag. That was one of the reasons why they never raise their hands on Hayley, because Hayley is a Lude by blood. Although they all hate Hayley for always being on Ayla's side, they have never ever laid their hands on Hayley.

"B-b-but Molly, sh-sh-she-" He stuttered before Molly cut him off.

"Enough is enough, Grayd. Get out of my house immediately" Molly said with a stern voice.

Grayd hung his head down and walked out of the house, cursing as he passed the doorsteps.

Morrius who was just watching the 'show', walked out of the room and disappeared up the stairs of the 3 story mansion. Hayley who was already in tears in the corner came running towards Ayla and kneeled beside her, hugging her towards her chest as only Ayla's irregular breaths was the only one heard in the room. Molly eyed the girls before going to her room as well, leaving Hayley to deal with a bloody and nearly lifeless Ayla.

**********

Hayley wouldn't just stop crying ever since the 'celebration' just now. Ayla who was the one who went through all that beatings was just calm and relaxed though she winced once in a while at the sting when Hayley placed the ice packs on her wounds. This time, he tore her shoulders and arms. At least not her knees and back which were yet to recover from the previous beatings. Ayla watched as Hayley sniffed for the zillionth time in 10 minutes.

"Could you stop crying?" Ayla asked annoyed.

"Will you stop getting in to trouble?" Hayley snapped.

"I can't help it. Karina started-" 

"Don't give me excuses Ayla!" Hayley looked dead in Ayla's eye, making Ayla taken aback. It was quite a while since she saw Hayley angry. " Can you just stop getting your ass in trouble everyday and make me cry? Huh? You wanna die getting beat up by that lunatic good for nothing asshole? You wanna leave me all alone here huh?" Hayley grabbed Ayla by her collar, shaking her back and forth with each question. Ayla looked at her, not being able to blink or say anything by Hayley's sudden outrage.

"You listen to me Ayla. One more time you get your ass into trouble for nothing and I'll rip you apart myself, you hear me?" Hayley warned, if her eyes could kill, Ayla would be dead a zillion times by now.