Chapter 4

Hayley hadn't stop crying ever since Ayla told her this. She had buried her face into Ayla's pillow, sniffling then and there, indicating that she was still crying. Ayla know this was tough for her. Molly and Morrius are Hayley's parents! How could they sell them off for prostitution? It wasn't a surprise that they'd sell Ayla off, but Hayley? Why Hayley too? This was too much for them to handle. Ayla had decided. They were gonna escape. Tonight! Its now or never.

Ayla placed a hand on Hayley's shoulder, slowly caressing it. 

"Hey, listen-"

"How could they?" Hayley cut up, lifting her head from the pillow. "I'm their daughter for goodness sake. The last time a Lude heir was sold off for prostitution was when great-great grandma Lindsey when she betrayed the family" She ranted. "Other's were sold off in marriages which were pretty much acceptable. But why were we sold off for prostitution? Just why? This is so unfair" Hayley continued to cry, burying her head into the pillow. "I have stayed loyal to this family ever since I've born although I wasn't ever treated like a rightful heir. Just why?"

Ayla sighed. "I understand how you feel. I'm as disappointed as you are, alright? Just relax okay?" She paused. "I'm gonna get us out of here" She promised.

Hayley looked up, her eyes full of hope. "Really?"

"Really"

"But how? No one has ever succeeded escaping the Lude territory" Hayley frowned.

"We will"

"How?" Ayla told their plan. They will first run through the back door, crawl into the underground pipes and follow the quiet shop lot behind the mansion. People hardly ever uses it. After that, they will run to the bus stop 2 KM from the Lude territory and hop on a bus to California where they would be far away from the Ludes. The Ludes aren't powerful in a few places and California is one of them. Hayley seemed uncertain but she nodded. She trusted Ayla with her life, more than anyone else in this world.

********

It was finally time for their escape. All they had to do was to linger around a little longer until Grayd and Morrius were out of attention and Molly is asleep. Until then, they behaved as though nothing happened, although Hayley was clearly shaking. She was nervous, scared or whatever you'd call it. One part of her is still in shock that her family is willing to sell her off for prostitution and the other part of her worrying if they'd be able to get out of here without ever getting caught. No one ever escapes from the Ludes territory and lives the next day to tell the story, unless escorted out with special permission by the Ludes, although it only happens once in a blue moon. Her thoughts were broken when she heard someone shrieking. She knew who's voice is it and raced upstairs to find Morrius bashing the hell out of Ayla, Molly standing a side, watching the show.

Morrius turned his attention to Hayley and his eyes which were already fuming with anger, redden ever more. Uh oh, does he know about their escape already?

To Hayley's horror, Morrius came towards her and held out his hands like he was gonna choke her out and got a firm grip on her neck, choking the lights out of Hayley, forcefully shaking her back and forth.

"You both are nothing but just a burden! Why the fuck did you both even born and make my life a living hell huh? Why?" His voice boomed with rage.

"Dad-" Hayley whispered, holding his arms, trying to free herself, but to no avail as his strength was incomparable to hers. She was nearly out of breath and nearly pass out when Morrius pushed her on to the wall forcefully, letting his grip out of her neck, but her head hit hard against the wall and she sat on her knees. Her hands rubbing her sore neck and couching, trying to regroup herself. Her eyes turned to Ayla who looked like lifeless, only her soft wails indicated she was still alive.