Chapter 39

"Hunter, I can walk on my own" Ayla protested.

"No, you're not well" Hunter said as he lifted her up bridal style, heading upstairs to her room.

"Hunter, I wanna go outside"

"No, you're staying in bed until you are 100% cured" Hunter instructed.

"But Hunter, I'm fine" 

"No you're not"

"Please?" 

"No way" Hunter said, making her pout.

She'd managed to get out off bed and walk all the way down the stairs only to be brought back up by Hunter. She spotted Shawn coming in their direction.

"Shawn! Help me" Ayla whined.

"What's up? Why aren't you in bed?" Shawn asked.

"Exactly my point" Hunter looked at her.

"I wanna get some fresh air" Ayla pouted.

"No, you should be in bed until you've healed" Shawn said, making her roll her eyes.

"See?" Hunter smirked when Shawn was on his side.

Ayla huffed. "Fine, but you're entertaining me" Ayla didn't want to give up.

"With pleasure, Your Highness" Hunter chuckled.

"And I'm still mad about the other day" Ayla said, crossing her arms.

"Yes, your Majesty, I'll make it up to you for that too" Hunter nuzzled her nose with his, making them both giggle.

Shawn watched as they both disappeared from his sight into Ayla's room. He loved how Hunter was being so loving towards Ayla. How happy he seems around her. Something he hadn't seen in years. In his heart, he was praying that it would last forever, the smiles on their faces. Both Hunter and Ayla. Shawn smiled to himself as he descended the stairs.

Hunter carefully placed Ayla on the bed before sitting beside her, their backs rested against the headrest.

"So, what you wanna do?" Hunter asked, making Ayla raise an eyebrow.

"Oh, right. Sorry" Hunter realized that it was him who wanted her to stay in the room. He looked around, trying to find something interesting to do.

"You wanna watch cartoons?"

"Nope" Ayla shook her head.

"Hmmm okay" Hunter looked around again. "You want a head massage?"

"Nope" She shook her head again. Although it does sounds nice.

Hunter pouted. He tried to look around before his eyes caught on something. He got up and took out a shuffle of cards before sitting back on the bed.

"UNO Cards?" Ayla asked.

Hunter nodded. "Come on, it'll be fun"

Ayla shrugged. Better than nothing.

Hunter begin shuffling the cards and dividing seven cards for each of them and stacking the rest into a side. Ayla took her cards, going through each of her cards.

"So, what are the rules?" Ayla asked.

"Same color and same number" Hunter said and Ayla smirked. This was perfect.

"Alright, who's going first?" Hunter asked.

"Rock paper scissors?" Ayla asked.

Hunter nodded. They did and it was Ayla's turn. Ayla smirked, making Hunter confused of her expression.