Chapter 16

Kane and Taker set her down as Kev came approaching her in the ring. His eyes were glassy but he didn't care about it. He was so proud of the kid in front of him. Other than she had made them free of charges, she has also proved Hunter wrong. 

She has proved that she was born to do this. Kev kneeled in front of her and brought her into a tight hug. Maybe all that training for the past two days were worth it after all. Though it wasn't much, but it really meant a lot to him. Finally, Hunter gets to see what he, Kane and Taker had seen in her. He silently wiped his tears with his fingers from the back of Ayla's neck, don't wanna show them off to anyone, especially Ayla. 

Ayla hugged him back, chuckling. She had no idea how much this victory meant to them, but she was so thankful to them for showing her this way. Showing her what she was capable of. She broke the hug and her eyes met Kev's. He smiled at her, not showing how much of an emotional son of a bitch he is right now. 

She spotted Johnny sitting at the corner of the ring with his back leaning against the turnbuckle. She walked over him and held a hand out, giving him a small smile.

"You were an amazing opponent, and even more, you're an amazing wrestler. I'm proud to have been in the ring with you" She said, making Johnny smile. He grabbed her hand and she helped him up to his feet, showing him her good sportsmanship. It was Johnny's tryouts too and when she was on the top most of the time, she couldn't have done it without Johnny who sold every moves perfectly.

"Thank you." He thanked her and leaned to her ears. "You have an amazing talent. You're gonna go places, Ayla" he whispered.

She smiled as she saw the honesty in his eyes. She nodded and raised his hands in the air. Without him, she wouldn't have been able to show her skills off. People clapped for both of them and Johnny patted her by the shoulders before sliding out of the ring, to let Ayla have her spotlight.

One by one, wrestlers in the performance center came by and congratulated her on the amazing match. Even though it was just a tryout, she has given her ultimate best. Once the center seemed to settle down and after giving Johnny and little brief, Shawn came to her and gave her a tight hug, her feet was off the floor as he lifted her up by the waist. She giggled as he spin her around. He put her down, his hands still wrapped firmly around her waist.

"You were awesome, you pretty little beast" He squeezed her nose. Ayla squealed in pain but giggled later when Shawn chuckled.

"Thanks, Shawneyy" She teased.

"Honestly kid, I've never seen that in a long time. Well, the last person that I found entertaining back then was myself" He laughed at his own joke, making Kev, Taker and Kane to roll their eyes. Michaels being Michaels, him and his pride can never be torn apart.

"Here we go again" Kev grunted, throwing his hands up in the air.

"What? It's true" Shawn glared at him before turning back at Ayla. "You really are very good, you know. I saw a little me in you. Although I gotta admit, you were beyond than what I was back in the 90s. Especially for your age, I didn't expect much attitude in you in that ring. Where did you learn that?"  

Ayla shrugged. "I don't know, I just did" She smiled innocently in Shawn's arms.

Shawn and Kev shot a look at each other. Both understood what was going on. Deja vu

"See, I told you, you can do it" Taker cut in.

Ayla turned to Taker as Shawn lets her off his arms. She jumped into his arms as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Taker crossed his arms around her lower back for support.

Ayla giggled. "Thanks to the greatest coach in the world" 

"Hey! What about me? I had three matches with you in two days" Kev crossed his arms, fake pouting.