Chapter 25

"Hey, Hunter"

"Shawn? What are you doing here?" Hunter turned towards Shawn. "Where's Ayla?" He looked around Shawn but she wasn't there.

"She's in the office"

"You left her alone?"

"Well, yeah. I mean you said you wanted to meet me alone, so I left her in the office. But don't worry, I told her to lock the door until Steph comes"

"I told you to come alone? What are you talking about?" Hunter furrowed his eyebrows.

Shawn lifted his eyebrows. "Didn't you instruct a technician to tell me you wanted to meet me alone?"

"What? I didn't -" Hunter paused. 

Shawn and Hunter exchanged looks. "Oh shit"

*******************************

Shawn and Hunter ran to Hunter's office. Shawn knocked on the door.

"Ayla, open up. It's Shawn" Shawn called for her. Silence.

"Sweetheart, it's Shawn. Open up" Shawn called again. Silence.

"Why isn't she answering the door?" Hunter asked.

Shawn shrugged. He twisted open the door knob, surprised to find it unlocked. They swung open the door to find an empty room. Ayla wasn't there. 

"Where is she?" Hunter's voice boomed.

"I don't know, I told her to stay here. Maybe she's with Steph?" Shawn said.

"Hey guys" Stephanie walked into the room.

"Steph? Where's Ayla?" Hunter asked restlessly, shaking Steph's shoulders.

Stephanie blinked. "Ayla? She was in her wasn't she? I left her with Shawn before I went to the cafeteria" Stephanie answered.

Hunter grunted. 

"Guys, what's happening?" Stephanie seemed a little worried.

"A technician came and said that Hunter wanted to talk to me alone, so I left her in the office alone. I told her not to wander around alone and lock the door. She promised me" Shawn reasoned.

"And I didn't even call for Shawn. Now she's missing" Hunter ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"You guys lost her?" Stephanie raised her voice in panic. 

"I'm sorry, I-" Shawn tried to apologize.

"I don't know what you guys do, you guys better bring her back here and make sure she is safe" Stephanie yelled at the two.

Hunter and Shawn nodded as they hurried out of the room.

"Hey! You!" Shawn called out when he saw the same technician that called him out. 

He came towards them. "Yes sir?"

"You're the one who said Hunter called for me, right?" Shawn asked.

"Yes sir" The technician nodded. Shawn and Hunter exchanged looks.

"When the hell did I tell you to get Shawn?" Hunter asked, his face was red as hell.

"Oh it wasn't you sir. Dolph Ziggler told me to inform Shawn. I just passed the message" The technician reasoned.

"Dolph Ziggler? That son of a bitch" Shawn cursed.

Hunter's eyes reddened. He forcefully grabbed the technician by the collars and shook him vigorously. "He did WHAT"

"I'm sorry, sir. I-I-I just did what he said" The technician was scared to death.

Hunter's breathed loudly like a mad bull. "What else did he say?"