Chapter 34

Ayla peeked out the pub window. It was almost 11pm and there was no sign of Steve. He would usually be here by 10pm. Maybe he isn't coming today.

Ayla sighed. Was he mad at her? 

"Excuse me" She heard a voice from behind. 

"Yes, can I help you?" She looked at a black haired guy, probably in his early 20s.

"Yeah, can you get me a can of beer?" He asked.

"Yes sure. Anything else, sir?" 

"Nah, that's all for now" 

Ayla nodded and made her way to the barista counter. She told the barista and he handed her a cold beer can. She took it and went back to the table. She placed them on the table.

"Here you go, sir" Ayla smiled.

"Thank you" He said, his eyes not leaving Ayla's face.

Ayla nodded and was about to leave when she felt a yank on her wrist. She looked behind to find the guy holding her hand. Her eyes squeezed small as she looked at the guy with a question mark.

"Excuse me?" She asked in an annoyed tone.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's just, I don't have any friends to talk to and I thought you would talk to me" The guy apologized, letting go of her hand.

Ayla sighed. "Right. What's your name?"

"I'm Aiden"

"Nice to meet you, Aiden"

"Thanks, uh, uhm, w-what is your name?"

"Ayla"

"Beautiful" He said. "Uh name, I mean, beautiful name" 

"Thank you"

"So, uh, I, uh, ehem, I've uh, seen you before" Aiden said.

"Seen me? Have you been to this pub before?" Ayla asked.

"Yes, uh no, I mean, uh, that's not where I've seen you before. Although yes, I did see you last week, but uh, what I mean is that, I've seen you at the zoo before"

"The zoo?"

"Yes, uh, I was the tourist guide and you held the sloth" Aiden said. "You came with Triple H" 

Ayla was blown away. "That was years ago"

"Yes, yes. It was 2 years ago"

"How come you remember me?"

"I uh, it wasn't always people responded to whatever I said. And it wasn't always people come with a bunch of wrestlers" Aiden said, making Ayla chuckle.

"I suppose so"

"Hey can I get your number?" Aiden asked, faster than he intended to. 

Ayla was dumbfounded. It was the first time someone had asked for her number.

"I'm sorry, it just slipped" Aiden said.

"Right, uh, I'm just, I'm just gonna go" Ayla said, slowly shifting her feet.

Aiden held her wrist. "No, please stay"

"Aiden, I have work to do" She tried to get off his grip.

"Please, I need you"

"Aiden"

"I want you"

"Aiden, you're drunk, let me go"

"No, please, stay with me" 

"Hey! Back off you son of a bitch" A voice emerged from behind, followed by a harsh punch on Aiden, releasing his grip from Ayla.