Chapter 32

"Ayla, table 32 is up" DryFry rang the bell beside the kitchen window. Ayla walked towards the kitchen window and took the plate of fries and nuggets along with a beer can from the barista counter and headed towards table 32. As she saw a familiar face, she smiled.

"Hey, Steve" Ayla smiled, placing his order on the table. "Didn't see you in quite a long time"

"I've been up whooping asses" Steve laughed, his voice was the deepest ones Ayla's ever heard. Deeper than Shawn's. "Work at the ranch has been a bitch few days. Those darn workers ain't turning up as usual" 

"That must be hard for you, Steve. I'm sure you'll find a way" Ayla assured.

"Yeah I hope so" Steve said, opening up his can of beer.

"I didn't see you on Saturday night?" Steve asked.

"Oh I uh, it's my day off actually. Hayley and I don't work on Saturdays" Ayla said.

"Well, lucky you. I work 7 days a week" Steve rolled his eyes. "And I'm the fucking boss" He said and they laughed.

Steve has been a loyal customer to the pub. Ayla's been watching him ever since she joined work. He'd sit at the same table every time and order the same beer and side dished every time he stops by. Sometimes only beer and not the fries. 

Ayla heard the bell from the kitchen ring.

"Right, I'll get going. See you later, Steve" Ayla waved.

Steve wiggled his fingers as he watched her leave the table he was sitting. For some reason, he was always interested in knowing her more. The girl was so mysterious, he was always intrigued to know more about her. Her body was small but her arms were well toned that the sleeves of her tees were always tight. Has she been working out? Or was she just an athlete? If she was, what kind of sport does she play? Steve has been trying to get to know her more now and then but she was always trying to avoid the topic about her and would shift into another topic.

By hook or by crook, he has to know more about her. The more he meets her, the more questions he has about her and the more unanswered they are. He can't stand the suspense.

*********************************

Ayla and Hayley were making their way back to their class when they were caught up in a crowd near a corridor, followed by people cheering then and there.

"What's happening?" Hayley asked. Ayla shook her head, she had no idea as well.

"The four-eyed dipstick is being pummeled." A girl said.

Four-eyed dipstick? Who was it?

"By who?" Hayley asked.

"By the most popular girl, Janice, of course" Another girl said. "And the whole Charmers squad"

"The Charmers and the dipstick has been enemies ever since the first grade" The girl before said.

Ayla and Hayley tried to peak to see who it was. They couldn't get even a glimpse so they pushed their way through the crowd. Once they got a clear view of who it was, Ayla clenched her fist, anger boiled all the way to the top.

"You bitch" Ayla said under a breath before making her way towards them.

"Ayla, no!" Hayley tried to stop her but it was too late.

Ayla swung her fist and punched Janice's pretty face, causing her to fall hard on the ground. Silence occurred the corridor as everyone watched in shock. No one has ever dared to lay their hands on Janice, the most popular girl in school. Ayla signaled for the girl they were bullying to move away and she did as so, clearly she was shocked as well.